1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if my crush is gay.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonymous cat, Nov 4, 2014.

1. anonymous cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello my name is TJ and this is my first post. I am 14, live in Texas, either gay or bi and I am a freshman. I have not come out to anyone except my best friend who is a lesbian.
    I’m in love with this guy but we go to different schools so I am constantly trying to see him. I miss him so much (He has told me multiple times that he’s bi but he flip flops) and I can’t tell what his sexual orientation is. I have stayed up on multiple nights thinking, crying, and deciding on what i should do. The problem is that I can’t tell if he likes me and if he’s gay/bi. He has texted me before i left to a different school "I love you and I’m gonna miss you" I told him basically the same be I don’t know for sure. I plan on spending time with him on Friday of this week but I don’t know if he can. I miss him so much and so this is the last place I have to go.

Please help! :help:- TJ

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey TJ, welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you've got it pretty bad, right? :wink: So you want some help telling if this guy is gay/bi. This sort of thing is usually very difficult except you say "He has told me multiple times that he’s bi but he flip flops". Is there any reason you might not believe him?

I'm sorry you feel so upset and stressed about this! It's horrible when you don't know quite where you stand, but try not to worry- it will be okay! (*hug*)

3. ellz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi.

To me if he says he's bi, he's bi, unless he's done something that makes you think otherwise. I can't stand being friends with someone I like, so I tell them, but before I do, I make sure I'm prepared for negative reactions. If you aren't comfortable with that, just work on becoming closer as friends and feel out his vibes.