1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer as a Community?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ellz, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ellz

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I recently started at uni and I joined a sports team that is predominantly filled with lesbians or bisexuals. I never thought of myself as anything other than straight, but I don't know anymore....

After meeting one particular girl, she facebook messaged me and we basically continued chatting for the entire week straight. She then asked for my phone number, which I obviously gave her because she's a really cool person. We still see each other and text, but we do so less often and I kinda miss it. I find her very intriguing, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around how many people she's been with (seeing as I'm a virgin.) She also initiated a conversation about how I viewed the concept of virginity recently. She talks about girls she's hooked up with (and people she wants to) in front of me, and it kinda bothers me, but I try to play it cool. After all, I can't imagine actually hooking up with her myself. She's older than me, and cooler than me, but she says she thinks I'm cool. If I start to say something she always pays attention. I feel like we have some sort of chemistry when it's just us though, and sometimes our eyes lock... it's weird. I feel like I'm reading way too much into this. I don't if she likes me; I don't know if I like her.

Somehow she just gets under my skin. Apparently she was the last person on the team to find out I identified as "straight" and said: "you're not straight." She still claims that. Now I'm questioning my identity, and although every one around me is cool with whatever I choose, I can't bring myself to identify as something-else. As it is people think I'm gay because I hang out with gay people and I went to pride with them--I had nothing else going on that weekend--and I'm totally cool with this.

I also recently became significantly less religious. I still believe in God, I'm just pursuing him outside of traditional means. Instead of being religious, I'm working on being spiritual. This was due to a combination of how my religion addresses homosexuality and other things, but I don't know why this bothers me so much now, since I've had gay friends before.

I've always admitted when anyone was attractive, but noticing beauty and being attracted to a person has always been two separate things for me. I honestly haven't been attracted to as many people as others my age. With that being said, I haven't noticed any hot guys and I'm in a new school. I also haven't made guy friends, something I find very easy. On the other hand, I've made some serious friendships with some girls and have even caught myself admiring their silhouettes or eye color. It's almost like whenever I notice their attractiveness it's from an artistic perspective. It happens all the time and I'm not sure what to make of any of this.

2. moonwalk

Wow - you sound extremely confused lol.

Breathe in, breathe out. Deeply. And think for one second: if you had the opportunity to kiss that girl right this very second, would you do it?

God loves everyone. Gay, straight, bi, able, disabled, black, white, trans etc. etc.
    God would not create anyone that He does not love. I'm sorry if this offends anyone (actually, I'm not sorry) but any religion or ideology that says God hates queer people loses a whole bunch of credibility in my books because since a very young age I have always felt like I have had a very strong and spiritual connection to God. When I began to notice boys my age and developed attractions to them, I never lost faith and I never questioned God's love for me.

Sexuality is fluid - it's always changing. You are not a bad person if you happen to have a crush on someone of the same-sex at any point in your life. It's supposed to be fun. Enjoy it.