1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking her out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wandergirl, Nov 5, 2014.

1. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys,

There's this girl at Uni i want to go out with for a year now. We study the same course but she's one year ahead.
    Her friend and my friends at uni used to take the same bus and that's how she knows i exist, but we never had an actual conversation, though i added her on FB some time ago and tried - without success - some small talks with her.

90% sure she's gay, but she never showed any interest. I think she's too shy.

BUT last week i passed by with my friends and said hi to her and her friend. I smiled directly at her, and she smiled (in a kinda shy way) back at me only. (!)

I wanna find a way of getting closer to her, but starting a conversation on FB now would be kinda creepy i think, as we are not very close (and we don't see each other every day).
    Any advice? :grin:

Thank you :kiss:

2. Really

Could you ask her to join you at the library to study? Or meet for lunch between classes at some food place on campus?

3. ithinkiamgay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really's come up with a nice plan!

Better still, go to her with a doubt.
    And act all naive!!!

Generally works.

4. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you guys for the answers.

We have a fixed timetable, so it means she had all the subjects I'm taking now, one year ago. Do you still think it wouldn't sound weird to ask her something about a subject?

And our classes are in the morning only (from 7:30 to 11) So no lunch excuse. I know you must be thinking: 7:30 that's so early! Exactly, who can think so early in the morning? :dry:

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/151502-flirting-nah.html#2

What do you think about a facebook conversation...
    like starting with you saw her again in the bus... and she kind of really looked like she would be looking forward to class... how is it going for her... taking it from there...maybe a few remarks about teachers... etc... then where she lives... her pastimes... etc...
    asking questions and listening, and telling a bit about oneself from time to time concerning a subject...

(*hug*)

6. Really

Totally! Ask her about some subject she's already taken. That's completely reasonable. Make sure you have a couple of questions. :slight_smile: