1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you undergone conversion/reparative therapy?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by djn134, Nov 6, 2014.

1. djn134

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am looking to interview somebody who has undergone conversion / reparative therapy for a screenplay that I'm writing.

2. Benway

Benway Guest

I looked into NARTH for awhile, but ultimately was discouraged when I found that all their therapy involved some sort of "spiritual" side to it, that is to say, a Judeo-Christian backed sort of thing over the "actual science" of psychology. Instead I've simply decided to ignore my impulses, for even as much as I hate myself, I hate the church even more. My posts have gained some controversy due my abnormal nature, you may find them... enlightening. I will provide references upon request.

3. djn134

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I really appreciate your offer but I'm more interested in learning more about the conversion therapy experience itself.

As a fellow self-hater, I totally empathize with where you're at. It's takes a lot of hard work to learn to love yourself for who you are. I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

#3 djn134, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I have no intention of ever doing so.

5. Benway

Benway Guest

I don't know much about the experience itself, however, as you may know, I know a lot about the state of mind that could lead a person into seeking out such an experience. For many people it's due to spiritual reasons, however I'm apparently a rare case that isn't self-loathing from some sort of spiritually based guilt or even social rejection reasons, but rather completely personal reasons.

It seems really hard for a lot of the people here to accept that, I don't know why.

6. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Not sure if you know who he is, but you may want to try contacting John Paulk. He went through it, I believe and was working for Focus on the Family... was married to a woman... the whole bit. He has since left that ministry and come out as a gay man that wants to live as a gay man.

If you could get an interview with him it would probably be amazing... I believe he may have several already posted on the internet as well.

7. Sorceress of Az

No.

I find the concept offensive, because it usually implies that one views it as an illness rather than being perfectly normal.

There was a time in my life when not being straight and being transgender was seen as sinful by me, and back then I hated my self. I have since been healed by Christ and now accept that being Pansexual and Transgender is not a sin but how our Creator made me and I would never try to change what our Lady in heaven has done.

The Goddess made us each who we are for a purpose.