1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I asexual or something else?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PlantSoul, Nov 6, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Up until recently, I was quite sure that I was asexual. With the exception of 3 people, I have never felt sexual attraction. While I can appreciate aesthetics, it's a rare experience for me to find someone romantically attractive, very rare for me to fall in love with someone and extremely rare for me to experience sexual attraction. From what I know, you can't be an asexual if you experience sexual attraction. This is where I am a little stumped.

I don't think that it's due to pickiness. For the most part, it's like sex doesn't occur to me. When I met or see people, sex never pops into my head. With the exception of those three people, I have never been interested in having sex with someone. I have no desire for it. :confused: Any thoughts?

2. DinelodiiGitli

Perhaps you're a gray-asexual?
    Gray-ace: A person who rarely experiences sexual attraction, experiences it only under specific circumstances or experiences sexual attraction but does not feel the need to act on it (or attraction that isn't strong enough to act on it).

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. :slight_smile:

4. DinelodiiGitli

No problem, I'm happy to help. (*hug*)