1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual? Lesbian? Can you be one or the other?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Shex, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Shex

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello! A little background information on myself. I'm probably one of the youngins' in the group, being only 16. I've always been confused regarding my sexuality, since from a young age I've felt attraction for both boys and girls. At first I thought it was a phase, because it generally is when you're young; my friends went through the same thing, so why was my problem any different? Well, years later, I feel no different.

I've recently come to terms that I'm bisexual, but I don't even know if I'm that... I've noticed that my attraction for men has been decreasing, and I seem to be intrigued at the prospect of dating a woman. I guess I would still classify as 'bi', but I feel like I can only like one gender. Perhaps I'm looking into things too much?

It'd be nice to have some advice and guidance from anyone willing to help. Thanks so much!!(*hug*)

2. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can definitely be bisexual with a preference for women.
    Sexuality is often fluid. One might feel a stronger attraction to women during a certain period of time, and stronger attraction towards other genders during another time.

I'd say there are about 7 billion sexualities on this earth. They are complex, so in an attempt to make other people understand what we feel we often label ourselves. Remember that these labels are just that... labels. You don't have to label yourself anything if you don't want to.

I'm sort of in the same place as you. I've accepted the fact that I'm attracted to women, but unsure about my feelings towards men. But we are young, you and I (being 16 myself). There's no rush really, even though it would be great to reach some clarity. You probably need some more time to figure things out. EC is a great place for that.

(*hug*)

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

That's trippy.. when I was your age I believed I liked guys.. because I had some kind of sexual attraction towards them but I eventually realised that there was absolutely nothing there emotionally and that all of my crushes were on women. Not to say you are like me in any way but.. There is such thing as Homo-Romantic Bisexual. I don't like labels but honestly for a long time I thought that was what I was. It turns out my sexual desire for males was nothing compared to what I have for girls.

I don't think you should stress about this. Sexuality is fluid in my opinion :slight_smile: Don't worry about it! You love who you love x

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. That's where I am right now, always going back and forth between guys and girls. As of right now, if I were to have sex with someone (just sex), it would most likely be a much older guy, since guys can just get it on with little preparation needed. I find them physically appealing anyways (buff/dominant). I want to try a threesome though lol, there's something so intriguing about a really buff guy having sex with a girl...

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought I liked guys when I was a little girl ,but I realized it was platonic , I've never been sexually attracted to men or had emotional connection . I'm pretty much the same now. I've only felt sexual and emotional towards women.
    You can be bisexual and prefer one gender . Being bisexual means you have attraction to both sexes it doesn't mean you have to like them equally or the same way. Many bisexuals aren't 50/50

#5 stocking, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014