1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian confusion.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Izobella, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Izobella

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been trying to come to total terms with myself and through letting go of what people will think and how I feel in different relationships... I think I am a lesbian. I would only want to be with women and I would not like to be in a relationship or have sex with guys, etc, but is it weird to still think they are sexy/attractive?

2. seeking

In my opinion i don't think it's weird to know when someone is very good looking or not. You still have eyes and you still have a sense of what is attractive or not.

So nah you still have a sense of what beauty is.

I can tell when a man is very attractive and good looking, but i wouldn't want to sleep with him nor would i enjoy sleeping with him.

3. poetofdarkness

No it's not weird at all. There are some guys at my school that I think are attractive but that doesn't mean I want to do anything with them. Hope this helps.

4. Yuriseme

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree with both seeking and poetofdarkness considering I've had the same experience as you. I can still tell when people are attractive but I only want to be sexual and in a relationship with girls.

5. lovely lesbian

No it's not werid you allowed to think a guy is good lookng without wanting to be with them and marry them.

6. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly this! It's not weird at all.

Finding someone attractive doesn't necessarly mean you're (sexualy) attracted.
    I can admit it when I see a good looking guy, but I don't want to do anything with him.

7. candle

i think its a lil weird

8. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I also feel the same way and I sometimes wonder if it's because I am hoping to feel something for a boy. I'm not really sure what to make of it but I don't think you should discredit yourself as a lesbian just because you think males are visually attractive.

9. Lipstick Leuger

You can still appreciate beautiful artwork, even if you are not buying!

10. Alais

This.
    Some men are attractive people, and one can think "what beautiful hair that chap has", without wanting to jump into his arms.

Although Emily1 has a point, that you should think about whether it is a desire to want to be with a guy. I am in the early stages of coming out (and you are still working through stuff too), so some of the things you are feeling may change or be fluctuating. It is a big adjustment sometimes in your own head, if you were not expecting it. I am trying not to be too hard on myself, and I do not think you should be either whilst you work stuff out.

For example, when I was younger I had a big thing for Richard Armitage. And yes I still think he is an attractive and sexy man, but I have no desire or fantasy to turn ´sexy´ into ´sexual´. If I saw him in the street I might be like ´yes what a handsome chap´but I would not buy his Christmas calendar (should he have one), for example, to stare at his body. And yes I believe you can see if someone else has sexy qualities without being attracted to them yourself and certainly without wanting to have sexual contact with them.

11. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Not at all weird! I have guy friends that I think are totally hot, but they just dont do it for me.