1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out but not proud

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by smellofseasons, Nov 9, 2014.

1. smellofseasons

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I casually came out about six months ago. All I did was start casually mentioning girls or my orientation on my facebook like it was nothing. This felt liberating and good at first. I also dress how I like to go to class and on days I don't work. Physically I feel much better. But i still frequently feel shame and wonder why I'm different from the women all around me. I don't want to be. I keep wondering if there might be a way to change if I get around more men or make an attempt to become more trusting and less blocked off to people? I'm just feeling a lot of distress but don't know where to start to grapple with it and this has been ongoing!!

2. AJ Bee

I can relate, in a sense. I felt that way for a long time, and went as far as trying to change. It didn't work so well. I married a guy, knowing full well I was a lesbian... A few years later I just couldn't deal with being unhappy anymore, my depression had gotten so much worse, not better. I may be single now, but at least I don't have to pretend.

3. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm where you are right now. I feel like it's true, I'm gay or bi, but I don't want to be and I'd give anything just to be interested in men. What's been working for me is talking to people I trust about it, especially those within the LGBT community who have been out for a few years. They get it better than anyone and will have some good advice for you.