1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bbyx33, Nov 9, 2014.

1. bbyx33

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,
    I don't really know how to explain my struggle so I'm just gonna write what happened..

So I have this friend, she's my best friend. I started to have feelings for her a while ago but I never told her because I didn't want to ruin our friendship and she had a boyfriend. I talked to a friend I knew that was into girls and asked her what I should do. She told me that my best friend had also been talking to her and that we just needed to talk to each other.. I kinda just pushed it aside and eventually ended up with a boyfriend.

A few months later my lesbian friend that I talked to before, randomly asked me if I still had feelings for my best friend. I tried really hard to get over her since she was dating guys and at the time so was I so the last thing I wanted to do was admit that I still liked her. I asked why she was asking and she eventually told me it was because my best friend had been talking to her and told her that she had feelings for me. My boyfriend ended up breaking up with me later on and her and I had a thing. It was absolutely perfect, she was everything I wanted, but it ended really quick. I asked her to go to homecoming with me and she was really excited when I asked. She told me she couldn't go though because her dad is a huge homophobe and started threatening her because he has suspicions that she was lesbian.

After she said no to homecoming she got pretty distant.. I thought it was because she broke up with me but it was really because she was helping this guy plan a surprise so that he could ask me to homecoming. I said yes because I felt bad and didn't want to say no. He took my acceptance to the dance as also a yes to dating and started calling me his girlfriend so now I'm in a relationship with a guy and my best friend is starting to date a guy too.

I miss her, and I don't want to be in the relationship I'm in. Even when I'm around him I notice girls. I see guys that I think are good looking but I feel no desire to be intimate with them, and I don't want to be intimate with my boyfriend either. I'm pretty positive that I'm into girls but I don't know what to do. I'm scared of coming out after I've dated guys, I feel like people won't take me serious or they'll doubt me. I've grown up in the most accepting family possible but I'm still scared to tell them. I'm scared of the questions they might ask, because I'm not even sure of the answers myself..

Thank you to those who took the time to read this, I know it's a lot and kind of all over the place. What should I do?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well first don't be scared...
    (*hug*)
    A lot of people were in similar situations...

well what about telling the guy that you do not have feelings for him ?

And what about telling the others as soon as you feel safe to do so ?

(*hug*)