1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demisexual or Lifestyle Choice?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FireSmoke, Nov 10, 2014.

1. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm Demisexual or if this is only a Lifestyle choice that I have.

I'm sexually attracted by women but I'm not interested in having occasional sex. I want to make love with a woman, not only sex. Because sex without love is so boring!
    In fact, love makes sex very interesting for me. But without it: :sleep:

Demisexual folk of EC, any suggestion?

#1 FireSmoke, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
  2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought I was demiromantic once, but I accepted that I wasn't, and it's simply a preference of mine.

Here's the difference between being demisexual and having a preference to know someone first:

If you're demisexual, you experience sexual attraction only AFTER you bond with them, never before.

If you simply have a preference, then you may or may not develop sexual attraction before bonding with them, and simply prefer to get to know the person first.

For example: Sally and Bob and Mary. Sally is demisexual. Bob is not. Mary is just who they like.

Sally does not know Mary. She doesn't experience sexual attraction to Mary, but then she becomes friends with Mary, and then, she starts to be sexually attracted.

Bob does not know Mary. However, he already feels sexual attractions towards her - he just doesn't want only sex, so he decides to befriend her and get to know her before anything else.

Demiromanticism the same, but with romantic attraction.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

^This! It seems my description :icon_bigg Thanks! :kiss: