1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi people, do you find it hard not to think about orientation everyday?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by QueerTransEnby, Nov 14, 2014.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's so hard for me not to think about orientation. I feel so marginalized all the time, and I really shouldn't. It's not that society is doing it on purpose I think mainly about guys and how it would be for one to make love to me and be alone with one: kiss and express my innermost thoughts. At the same time, I feel like the right woman could come around. Although, it sometimes seems harder to have a romantic relationship with a woman. Part of that is resentment because none has ever shown key interest in me unless you count early grade school. Most people say that we are jealous and greedy, but I feel so alone. I don't know any other bi males around my age. The LGBT center near me doesn't have any groups specifically for us bi folks. I have seen a few ads for friends with benefits on a certain hookup site where they want to meet, then see where things go. I just don't want to be someone's side relationship though. I'm a Kinsey 4, but it doesn't mean I want to sleep around with both genders. I just hate this binary world. :help:

2. Blossom85

I used to think about it all the time when I was identifying as bisexual and now that I am identifying as pansexual, I don't at all anymore, it's now I knew pansexual just sat perfectly with me cause it was the first time in a long time I had stopped questioning myself and stopped thinking about it.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really. I don't care about gender, that's all. =) I feel that if you find the correct label, you shouldn't worry about it. Perhaps you are not 100% comfortable with yourself or with the label you assigned to yourself, hence you think about it. There could also be more to it, such as your views, which might have quite some influence on it.

I wonder more about my demi side. In real life, I never really felt attracted to anyone. Not because I was not looking, because I was, but there was no attraction. Right now, I know I feel attraction (a lot), to my boyfriend. It's funny for me, as one can easily call me gay now, because I only feel attracted to him. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I do know I don't care about the gender, so I should probably use pansexual, but I'm not really fond of the label yet. =)

I wonder about the demi part of me (I don't think your referring to that), and the fact whether I'm bi or pan. But I really don't care that much, because I'm settled down and just go with my feelings. :icon_bigg

4. I am Kakashi

Creepy, I was about to say almost exactly the same thing o___o

I know even in the GLBT community, biphobia is still a big deal. Or worse, the thought that bisexuality isn't even a legitimate orientation and anyone who identifies that way is actually 1) Greedy 2) Just horny 3) Can't decide 4) Afraid to be "really gay" etc etc.

Maybe ask around your center, and try and garner some support specifically for the bi peeps? :slight_smile:

5. CubbieBlue

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I often feel alone too. I think maybe this goes away. I have to imagine it does. I'm around your age, if that makes you feel better.

I do think about orientation every day. I hope this too goes away. So you're not alone. I bet this is common amongst people who like men and women.

6. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this is a common thing amongst bisexuals, IMO. Since most of us hear about the bi-phobia that, unfortunately, we experience from both straight and lgbt communities. Like, for me atleast, I daily check whether I am attracted to both guys and girls in hopes that an attraction to one gender will go away to avoid the biphobia but never seems like that'll ever be the case.

I guess the only way to not feel marginalized is to start awareness against bi-phobia? Like you said, most people have misconceptions of bisexuals so by spreading awareness there is a chance that some will come to understand that we are not "confused" or "just horny". Maybe you could start a program at your local LGBT center for bisexuals. There are probably more bisexuals in your area that has the same thoughts of being alone, but are just waiting for someone to start up a group for bisexuals. Please dont feel alone though, you know that you always have us for support (*hug*)