1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I make this too complicated?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Helenax, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Helenax

I've always felt confused about my sexuality. Never been sure. When I learned about being bi when I was 12/13 I had this slight feeling of connection to it althought I kind if denied it, and it didn't fit 100%. I joined this site a few days ago and feared I was a heteroromantic homosexual. After looking more into it, I learned I was even more complicated than that. But if I say, call myself a polyromantic demisexual, am I making it too complicated? It's just the fact that I feel comfortable with that. It feels right.:help:

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember, you can choose whatever 'orientation' label suits you. You can even choose no label at all!

My advice is simply that if it feels comfortable and right for you, go for it! :slight_smile:

3. Helenax

Thank you! This was helpful to me :slight_smile:

4. I am Kakashi

Humans are complicated, multi-faceted and deep creatures. The words themselves aren't whats important, it's how comfortable you are with yourself. If you feel like that fits, just embrace it!

5. biroautistic

My oldest sister feels that our "labels" are *insert slur*. However...

This does not stop me from walking around saying, "I'm a biromantic asexual who is also transgender."

It does get a little complicated, but when you think about it, we are very complex in our nature, much more so than the simple dog and his instinctual mating tendencies.

Animals mate and reproduce, and, though we are in the kingdom Animalia, we have many more...planes of thoughts and feelings that seem to plague us. The plus side about Nature?

The most commonly gay animal is the deer. Enjoy that :slight_smile:

6. kumawool

If you want to delve into sexuality more deeply, I recommend taking a gender studies course in your school, or online. If I were bisexual with a preference, I'd just say I'm bisexual, unless I would absolutely never date one gender, than I'd say I'm straight/gay for convenience. But of course, I'd still BE bisexual. That is just easier for me than saying I'm a heteromantic bisexual, even though that would be more accurate.

Hope that helps..