1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning sexuality in early twenties

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aic123, Nov 17, 2014.

1. aic123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am a girl and I have identified as straight my whole life and have had no problem with this label. From when I was in school I've been attracted to boys, I've been in love with boys before. However when it comes to having sex with boys I've had more bad experiences than good. Although I've never had sex with someone I am in love with i don't think it would make a difference, I like kissing and being pleasured by a boy but having sex and doing stuff to him is just going through the motions.

I had one gay experience recently and doing stuff to a girl was a lot better for me. However I have never been drawn to a girl, I've never looked at a girl and thought "I'd like to have sex with her", like I would with boys and I could never imagine being in love with a girl. So as you can imagine I'm extremely confused.

I still identify as straight, but I am just wondering if there is anyone else who experiences this? I just think everything about my sexuality is so specific - I have romantic feelings for boys and I am drawn to them but when it comes to the act it's not so good, and the polar opposite for girls.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

First off, you're not alone. What you're describing sounds similar to what's referred to as hetroromantic homosexual by some people. Emotionally and romantically attracted by the opposite gender, but sexually attracted to your own gender. Obviously I'm not saying you should label yourself as that, but if it helps you might want to look it up and see if there are any similarities to what you're feeling.

3. ineedyourhelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    OH my Jesus!!! I have been searching for hours and have finally found someone who knows!!!!!! I am someone who has your dilemma. I have a very loving boyfriend whom I love as well. But when it comes to sex... well guys just don't turn me on. I have no emotional connection to girls and have never had a crush or even thought I liked a girl like that. I have never considered a girl hot or cute in a attracting way. But Sex is a whole different story. Am I right? Is there some similarities here? because of having a boyfriend you can see where my main concern is rooted. Maybe we could talk? support group to each other?