1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SO Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Summer1110, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Summer1110

Okay, so I have been asked many times what my orientation is. But i genuinely dont know. I have dated men before but never really felt like it was right. I have a girlfriend now, whom I have been with for ten months. But I dont know what I should classify as. I dont really feel a strong attraction to a cerain sex, neither do I fantasize about one sex or the other in general. When I do have thoughts like that its only about people I have a deep connection with. I also hace the problem that I cant be sexual with people im close with while also being unable to open up to people Ive been physically intimate with. I am so confused and I dont know what I belong with.

Im sorry for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated :icon_redf

2. Innoscience

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems somewhat strange this is in the gender dysphoria forum and not the sexual orientation one. It kind of begs the question of whether or not you experience gender dysphoria, because I know from personal experience it can be hard to fantasize when you body doesn't align with your identity. Any who, there's the question of whether or not your sexually attracted to either sex. It's seems like you have a romantic orientation, it's possible your sexual orientation differs from that. You might be a homo-romantic heterosexual. You may be a bi-romantic asexual, meaning you have a romantic attraction to both sexes but a sexual attraction to neither. I suggest research on the subject, because nobody else can really determine your sexuality.

3. IS92

Out Status:
    A few people
    This statement makes me think that you might be demisexual, though innoscience is right in saying only you can determine your sexuality for sure. So perhaps some research on that term is in order?

And this should have definitely gone in the "sexual orientation" part of the forums, just so you know.

4. Summer1110

Im sorry, I didnt realize it went into this forum :frowning2: my laptop has been going backward to previous pages without warning. I truly apologize xc

5. Summer1110

Okay, so I have been asked many times what my orientation is. But i genuinely dont know. I have dated men before but never really felt like it was right. I have a girlfriend now, whom I have been with for ten months. But I dont know what I should classify as. I dont really feel a strong attraction to a cerain sex, neither do I fantasize about one sex or the other in general. When I do have thoughts like that its only about people I have a deep connection with. I also hace the problem that I cant be sexual with people im close with while also being unable to open up to people Ive been physically intimate with. I am so confused and I dont know what I belong with.

Im sorry for the long post. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    (Also if youve already seen this, my laptop was being stupid and I accidentally posted in the wrong forum, sorry)

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    #6 jay777, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  7. Summer1110

Thank you so much. Im sorry, Im still finding my way around EC

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*) Its all right... just ask, people like to help :slight_smile: