1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't feel queer enough

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sepulse, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I'm quite femme looking and I'm still mostly in the closet. I like to identify as gay internally, but I'm terrified of publicly identifying as gay. Mainly because I'm scared that I'm actually bisexual or even straight. I don't want to be bi because I'm already femme. If I were more butch or androgynous looking I probably wouldn't care if I'm bi or gay. I've never actually enjoyed doing stuff with guys. Even when I wanted to be straight.

2. kumawool

So when I saw the thread title "I don't feel queer enough" I giggled, and realized how immature I am :wink:.

How you look isn't actually related to your sexuality.

The important part about sexuality is who you're attracted to, and who you fall in love with ultimately.

There's nothing wrong with taking time to think about it.

3. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I know, but I have this annoying condition called HOCD. Every time people think I'm straight I get anxious. Every time I notice a good looking guy I get anxious. When my HOCD is gone I identify as gay. I get happy about that, I start considering coming out and the HOCD returns before I can even come out.

4. Lipstick Leuger

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think many of us feel Queer enough. I feel absolutely normal when with my wife in public and catch myself wondering why others are looking at us strangely.