1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by wolfhazel, Nov 21, 2014.

1. wolfhazel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi,

When I was a teen I was out as a lesbian and was very happy with the lifestyle and my girlfriend at the time.

Then my parents found out and were disgusted and banned me from seeing my girlfriend again and I became so ashamed of myself.

I eventually married a man and often fantasised about women when I was with him. I have now left him and still have feelings and attractions for women... But although I'm accepting of my gay and lesbian friends I'm scared of the prospect of being a lesbian...

What are your views?

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's understandable. It's easier to accept that "others are gay" then "I'm gay", especially after your parents reaction. There's nothing to be ashamed about being attracted to women though. I'd recommend you to read some posts here on the forum, at least you'll realize you're far from alone who feels the same way. It may be a good start, I believe. (*hug*)

3. wolfhazel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks Paris! I think I'm struggling so much because I feel I have no one to talk to... Thank goodness for sites like this!

4. I am Kakashi

Finding a GLBT support group near you could help a lot too. :slight_smile:

5. wolfhazel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: I don't think I'm ready for that yet but its certainly worth thinking about!

6. I am Kakashi

Online is a good segue. I've been out as some form of "not straight" for 12 years, and a public group meeting still kinda makes me nervous. : /

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

"not ready for it yet" is a fine place to be. we progress along this path at whatever rate works for us. or we stay in the same place for a while and just rest there, and that is fine too. I have that same problem of being very open and accepting of gays, but it took me much longer to accept that I am gay. but I think that my openness to others is what eventually made it possible for me to show that same love and acceptance to myself. love and acceptance is good no matter what, and it can only lead to more good things in our lives.