1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused BUT...Totally Crushing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Zumbagirl03, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Zumbagirl03

Zumbagirl03 Guest

So...Im still in the process of trying to figure out my own sexuality. It's been 2 years since I found out I was sexually attracted to girls after all this time! I was 22 at that time. It also explains why I have never felt anything for my guy friends or felt anything for any guys who has hit on me or flirted with me. My eyes were always for the ladies haha...

So that leads to me...having being single all of my life, never been kissed and you know what else. Haha. I guess I just had other priorities in my life and Im a very late bloomer? Never really care so much about having a boyfriend or getting asked out on dates.

But now since discovering these feelings and attractions....I feel kinda lost and confused at times. I mean its great that Ive been finally able to feel these feelings of "liking someone" or "crushing" but at the same time, its all really new to me PLUS liking the same sex..just MAKES it that much more conflicting.

Like for instance, I am totally crushing on this hot, female professor who I barely know, but often pass by in the halls at school. We also see each other in the classroom because she teaches a class before my class so thats how we always bump into each other. At first I rarely pay attention, but as I see her often and I actually pay attention...it just hit me. How beautiful and just breath taking this woman is to me. The only reason why I never pay attention to her at the beginning was because I was trying to stop myself from getting attracted to "professors" again. Why? Because last semester, I took a bullet and confessed my feelings for a girl professor and let's just say.....FML. AND that her was her last semester there at my school because she had a better job offer else where. Please don't judge, I just couldn't help it if I felt something for her and thought she should know.

So coming back to the present, with THIS professor who I don't even know....when I PROMISED myself to stop being attracted to professors. SHE just comes along and took my breath away LIKE literally takes it away! She is just like wow.....Nobody not even my first crush or even the other professor I confessed to...makes me feel the way this professor makes me feel. I know its wrong and just so freaking frustrating! But i can't help who my heart falls for....

She is always on my mind and no other girls compares to her beauty. Cheesy....but its just how I feel.

Am I crazy? To have another crush on another professor? To feel THIS way?

I don't know how to feel about this you guys...Im 24. She's a professor...in her early 30s it looks like.

Is this normal? Im so confused and just fucked over here! I have been trying so hard to ignore it! Its hard...

Help?

2. What exactly do you need help with? Personally, I don't make any advances on a woman unless I have a pretty good idea that she's interested in women as well. It will save you a lot of embarrassment or hurt feelings by going at it that way.

Or you could take another risk. I wouldn't do it, but it's your life. :slight_smile:

3. Zumbagirl03

Zumbagirl03 Guest

Haha Oh god! "Take another risk" Omg...No way! After what happened last semester. And what you said....Yea I think Im good.

Thanks for responding :slight_smile:

Im just overwhelmed with these feelings and just wanted some perspectives/advices.

I mean I don't even know if she is into women. Like how can you tell? I have no sense of gaydar over here!

4. I don't really have a gaydar either. It's almost impossible to tell sometimes, especially when the person you're crushing on is feminine. I'm not a very assertive person either, so I've never really gone after anyone I've had a crush on. I just let relationships happen when they happen.

All I can really tell you is that all crushes pass in time, no matter how intense they may feel at the moment. ^_^

5. Zumbagirl03

Zumbagirl03 Guest

Haha. Awww your so cute and definitely wise.

Thank you. I mean it It feels good to share this and have someone on the other end know what i mean...you know? All of my closest friends & best girlfriends who knows Im into girls tries their hardest to get me and be there for me, but they are all straight and just understand how I feel or what Im going through.

So thanks

I dnt even know what it's like to be with someone so having crushes and feeling all these feelings is JUST so intense, exhilarating & exciting! Yet so frustrating and fucking confusing! Haha.

And ok...damn that hot professor for being so fine! Lol. Thank god, she doesn't teach any classes i need to take too because i would TOTALLY fail her class! Haha.

6. Lol! To be honest, I have a pretty hot professor as well. She teaches my feminist theory class. So not only is she super attractive, but she's also amazingly intelligent. Good thing I don't develop crushes easily or I would be screwed. :grin:

I know how you feel though. I've had a crush on a straight girl before, and it didn't work out even though she was curious at times.

7. Zumbagirl03

Zumbagirl03 Guest

Heyyyy....are you trying to say I crush easily over here?!? So Rude! Hurt my feelings girl....

Im just kiding! Haha :wink:

And Omg! No way! And here i thought i was the only one crushing on professors...thank you! Haha. I know its on different level and stuff, but STILL it does help me feel less insane. My friends find it funny that I'm ALWAYS always attracted to professors instead girls my age or just around my age. I'm like...."the heart want what it wants" haha :wink:

And hey that's pretty cool. I've always wanted to take a feminist type of class. This is my second semster back in school after taking 2 years off to regroup and help take care of my family. So i can't screw up and now like hit on a professor! Haha.

Like you said..."when it happens, it happens..." I believe in that too...thats why I've been single all of my life. Im never ashamed to say it. Even if I got a curve ball thrown at me....where Im confused about being gay or not. I definitely don't want to force something that is not suppose to happen.

And Ok...I know its wrong for me to think about my professor in any sexual way....but I just thought it was that rare, special connection that I might be missing out if i didnt do anything...you know? But im just totally crushing, I guess haha.

I just need to let it pass...besides she is a pretty cool professor. We talked once and I don't want to ruin a friendship as a student and professor down the road. We are like in the same department so yea....haha.