1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#TRIGGERWhat are the dumist comment and myths you have heard about being homosexual.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by VeddiaVonkin, Nov 22, 2014.

1. VeddiaVonkin

this is basically to rant and make fun of the stupid shit people say about not being a strait cis gender person.
    If you think reading these things people have said may trigger you please i beg you dont read them i dont want you to feel bad

the most outlandish thing ive heard personalty is "dont over mother a boy because if you baby him it turns him gay." -my stupid spanish teacher to the entire class after speaking bad of her gay cousin.

2. seeking

Re: #TRIGGERWhat are the dumist comment and myths you have heard about being homosexu

My uncle was gay. So i saw a lot of hate first hand. What i saw was these women lying about him. There is a myth that "gay men hate women." My uncle was very good looking in my opinion...educated, kept himself muscular, and clean cut. So, this myth is usually thrown at good looking men in my opinion...men that women are angry about not being straight.

Another myth is "what makes a man gay is that he is a narcissist, in love with himself"

I mostly heard myth toward gay men, not women. Because other than my gay uncle there i just me gay. And i came after him...so i never heard myth toward lesbians growing up.

There was a lesbian who was my next door neighbor. I never heard any myths then. That i can remember. But, i remember my mother not liking her. My mother thought she was stuck up. She might have, i never noticed it. But, i was very young...so things do fly over your head when young cuz you are more focus on self. Plus most adults would not be nasty to a child's parent in front of the child.

One myth i heard about lesbians was "they became lesbians because they were wronged by men." Many women have been wronged by men, actually i haven't met one woman who didn't have a bad encounter with someone of the opposite gender. So if this myth was true every woman would be lesbian. Then when you throw this counter argument...the response is "but, not every woman is weak minded."

I feel like myth towards gays included mostly some form of being manipulated/coerusin(sp?) by others or having hatred toward the opposite gender.

#2 seeking, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  3. antibinary

Re: #TRIGGERWhat are the dumist comment and myths you have heard about being homosexu

The one that I get a lot is 'pansexual people like pans.' I've had to tell them to use omnisexual to shut them up even when I'm not omnisexual, I'm pansexual. (Yes it means the same thing but if someone tells you they're lesbian, they're lesbian, not gay, labels are self chosen.)

4. Summer1110

My girlfriend gets the "pansexual means you like pots" stuff too. Then after we explain what it means people say "Oh so youd like a woman with a penis, or that homeless man, or oh since you dont specif about sex does that mean youd sleep with an animal" Or ask me if I would sleep with [insert name of female] because I like women. I just dont understand them

5. ChameleonSoul

I don't know why, but almost every kind of hate I be gotten was one of these two things. I don't think in my case that it's anything to do with my looks, since most of the people that said homophobic things to me were guys. It wasn't out of maliciousness but just general ignorance though. Almost everyone I've come out to still treat me as if I were the same person as I was when they thought I was straight.

6. kumawool

Well not exactly a 'myth', but my mom's exboyfriend believed my boyfriend was in some sort of secret relationship with her, and that he was flirting with her and stuff. At least a 30 year old difference, not to mention that he was gay, and MY boyfriend.

Thank God she broke up with that train wreck.

Turns out he lied about a LOT of things, but he actually believed that gay men were attracted to women.

The complete imbecile.

7. flatlander48

Myths:

Gay people are all super strong

You can make someone gay

All gay men like to suck dick and take it in the ass

It's a choice

It's not "natural"

Gay men want to be women

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Here, let's do one that I read from a gay guy right here on Empty Closets.

"Feminine gay men are making everything worse for us, and the bring a lot of violence on themselves and intolerance onto the rest of us."

9. flatlander48

Well, that's one definition of Bull Shit...

10. candle

that some lesbians are into men