1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are lesbians/bisexual women more visual than gay men?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by xxaquaxx, Nov 23, 2014.

1. xxaquaxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've always wondered since they say that heterosexual men are "visual creatures". I know that stems from the fact that women in general tend to look better than men.

I would say that because I am bi, I also find myself even judging other gay girls on how they look first and the men more on personality. Not that the men I find attractive have to have good looks; they just have to have personality whereas I find myself liking a girl based on her looks alone.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would think both men and women can be visual

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps? I can crush on a girl just because she's cute/hot. :lol:

4. shinji

shinji Guest

No...

It's all too subjective. Every person can be beautiful, depends on many factors, gender/orientation not even ranking at the top of the list, in fact... they aren't even on the list.

There was a saying "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

On a side note, was not really sure what you meant by "visual" but... a quick urban dictionary search, revealed that... maybe what i've posted above is completely irrelevant to the natural processes of the body. Obviously, joking.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

No. I'm not even physically attracted to anybody....that I do not know well. The idea of finding a stranger to be 'hot' is alien to me.

They say that men in general are more visual (gay men care about looks as much as straight guys, sometimes even more than straight guys do), but there is variety in both genders.

#5 Fallingdown7, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
  6. DinelodiiGitli

I think it varies quite a bit to be honest. Kind of like learning types, there are visual, auditory, naturalistic, etc. types of learners so I assume attraction works in a similar manner.

7. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

There is no "one size fits all" answer to attraction. There are different circuits in the brain that fire depending on what makes you all warm and gooey when looking at another.

Emotional, intellectual, and physical characteristics play a part in attraction.

From my perspective, I don't generally care how I look, I'm very casual. One because I'm 50, been in a marriage for 21 years, and not actively trying to find anyone.

When I'm interested someone, I can find them attractive despite flaws, or not being "well kept" visually. It's nice to see someone all done up and pretty, but that's like turning the music up from 8 to 8.5 for me. Visually appealing sure, but not necessarily for my attraction to a person. I have to make a connection emotionally to a person before I'll open with them. The one hookup I've had, I was so nervous that I had to take a couple of extra anti-anxiety pills to stop from shaking with anxiety. While the experience itself was enjoyable, I can't see myself doing that. I'm an old, romantic softy.

8. seeking

i think women can be more judgmental on looks and style, but at the same time i think men can too. So i don't think there is a difference, just matters on the personality and what matters to them more on what they are looking for in someone.

I think most people notice other based on looks first. That is what draws you to the person first how they look, how they dress, how they get their self ready (make-up, washed face, lipstick/chapstick, perfume/cologne, etc.), or a combo of the three. Once you are drawn to them then you talk to them and get to know them. If you like their personality, you then decide if they would be just a friend or more. If you don't like their personality, you politely move on.

So i think everyone works on a visual level first and then other factors are added to decide if you even want to have any dealings with the person.

So no i don't think their is a difference. Just matters on the person.

*BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER* :slight_smile: