1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay yet Christian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by bran21, Nov 24, 2014.

1. bran21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a gay christian man who wants to marry another gay christian man.I'm sure this sounds confusing at best to some people on here. How do I find a gay christian man. I've gone searching on a few dating sites and came up with "christian" men (who are obviously not christian at all). Right now I am attending a christian university (until the end of this semester). Are there any gay christian men on here who think the Bible is being misinterpreted. I had an experience with God, and he told me that he didn't care that I was gay, but that was a special revelation from God to me and that's the only reason why I truly believe it. I ofcourse don't expect others to have had the same special revelation from God and so I find it difficult to believe there are gay christian men out there who I could share my life with. :tears::help:

2. DoriaN

I know what you mean, I'm kinda in a similar boat.

I figure for myself, I'll leave it in Jesus' hands and I'll live my day to day. If He has someone for you, then just be the best boy you can be for now and it'll happen =]

Past that I am afraid I can't really help... Maybe you could join a church group or find other gay Christians to network with. It sounds like you are being wary regarding whether they are actually Christian or just wearing the label, so that is really good.

Matthew 6:5+
    "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
    But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
    After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Just be patient, it sucks, but just talk to Dad and be simple and honest.

Matthew 6:25+
    "25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:slight_smile: for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

This was not meant to lecture, just to hopefully be a mild comfort..

I know it looks rough, but imagine me as well, I am a bisexual transsexual Christian.
    I DON'T EXACTLY GET MANY WARM WELCOMES DX

It's hard for others to understand it, and really sucks at times... But chin up, you're very much loved, so for now just chill with Dad, maybe there's a reason He wants you to wait a bit longer!

<3

3. GhostNeko

I'm gay and Catholic. I just have believe that gays are as much Gods Children as are straight folk. I do think that the bible for regular Christians/Catholics are being misinterpreted. Actually, I think it was changed from it's original. I'm sure it used to say "all men are equal" somewhere. And, since people do not like different people. They decided to put gays in there. It literally says "A man who sleeps with a man as if a woman shall be killed". I don't think that was in the original bible. Then again, who knows nowadays?

4. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes the Bible is misinterpreted usually. People take it a verse at a time, when really it should be taken into context like who wrote it, to whom it was written, what time it was written (most old testament laws do not apply now). And everyone is the bride of Christ so he can marry the church that is at least half men.

5. DoriaN

Well, categorically Christians do not adhere to the 613 Levitical laws.

Bad Christians are the ones who are ignorant to their own faith when they have the time and resources to know more.

That's why there is so much dissent and discord amongst brethren; bringing Judaic law intermingling with Christian law for a strange amalgamation of Judeo-Christian teachings.

But that's why Jesus said the path to destruction is broad and many follow it, but the path to righteousness is narrow and few find it.

If the majority of the Christian world will not enter Heaven, how wary should we be of mainstream and un-inspired teachings?

6. DoriaN

Well, categorically Christians do not adhere to the 613 Levitical laws.

Bad Christians are the ones who are ignorant to their own faith when they have the time and resources to know more.

That's why there is so much dissent and discord amongst brethren; bringing Judaic law intermingling with Christian law for a strange amalgamation of Judeo-Christian teachings.

But that's why Jesus said the path to destruction is broad and many follow it, but the path to righteousness is narrow and few find it.

If the majority of the Christian world will not enter Heaven, how wary should we be of mainstream and un-inspired teachings?

7. pilgrim

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The Creator...cares not about what you believe in or what your sexual orientation is....

We are judged by what we do.......If being lbgt would have been such a crime as many put it...none of us would been created on the first place.....

Everything that exists...does so for a purpose...and the end purpose is good...

8. CraigRacer

No, what you're saying is not confusing to me at all. I understand exactly what you mean about marrying another Christian. That's how I was raised and what I firmly believe.

In terms of finding another gay Christian man, I'm not sure. Maybe find an LGBT friendly/affirming church near you to join? How do they feel about LGBT people at your university? If they're cool about it, you could find a LGBT group/club or something like that there. On the dating websites, have you tried just asking the guys you're interested in straight up about their faith? Sorry I couldn't be of much help if at all. I'm not ready to date yet myself and will have to cross the same bridge when I am.

Yes, I think that many Christians are misinterpreting parts of the Bible, won't go into detail.

Your experience with God sounds truly amazing! While I have not had an experience like the one you describe, I know that I love God and He loves me. No matter what. And that's good enough for me. There are other gay Christian men out there and you will find that special one to spend your life with!

Good luck and God bless. (*hug*)

9. mangotree

As others have suggested... have you looked around to see if there are any gay churches in your area? (e.g. MCC)

10. DoriaN

<3 <3 <3

11. aboutface

You're not alone, gay Christians do exist. Heck, just typing those two words into google and youtube I'm sure would lead you to some of them in an online sort of way.

Finding them in real life may be slightly harder, but like others have said gay-affirming churches do exist.

gaychurch.org