1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with girls, should I be with a guy instead?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by meomongmo, Nov 25, 2014.

1. meomongmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 19 year old female, I've never been in a relationship with any girls or guys, but I've had crushes before, like a lot. I've had 2 male crushes in my pre-teen and countless of girls crushes, but most of them were sadly straight, like only one of those crushes was a butch lesbian and the rest was like 20 straight women. Sometimes when I look back it's the women that broke my heart the most, the guys did me some damage back then but now I think about it it was just silly unstable middle school emotions. Since my first girl crush which was my straight best friend I've only had my eyes on women but THEY'RE ALWAYS STRAIGHT!! Like I've had crushes on 20 women and all of them were straight as hell!! Even the ones that seemed a little butchy. I'm in college now and everyone is walking around with their boyfriends and girlfriends and I'm just in one place thinking I'll never find someone special. And I feel a little fed up with liking girls, so much that I'm thinking maybe I should just be with a guy instead, it's so much easier and I won't have to be alone all the time. I mean I would feel really grossed out at first but takes time to get used to things right? It's not like I ever labled my self a lesbian. What do you guys think? Should I just go for the males instead?

2. zkdorko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not a matter of choice and what is easier.. it's all about what you feel. Even thought there are some girls who consider themselves "straight," some of them actually gain some sort of interest in you. Based on my personal experience, at least. I'm not saying you can turn straight girls, but I've experienced some straight girls gaining interest in me because of my personality. It's really all about the connection you have, you know? Maybe you just need to be surrounded by a new environment. One things for sure tthogh, don't ever go to a route that makes it "easier." Make sure you feel something and you're actually in love with the person. Or else, it'd be a disaster and both of you will just end up hurting. And that's seriously the worst feeling in the world.

3. meomongmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    yeah, but like, I've never been in a relationship with anyone so I don't know if I would like it with a guy, I mean what if I do? That's why I never labled myself. I'm just around girls more therefore it's easier to find a connection with them. I have very few guy friends and not that close to them so I just thought what if I just haven't met the guy I can actually clicked? I'm not very comfortable with being flirted by guys though, most of the time when they say something flirty I would just make a joke back so I don't come off too rude

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could kiss and cuddle with my boyfriend but didn't fancy much when he was touching me in a sexual way. I was thinking I just need to relax more, or concentrate more, or whatever, but more and more ended feeling bad or even crying. So, yeah, it didn't work for me. If it's a woman your body and heart desire to be with no man can truly satisfy you no matter how you label yourself.
    If you could be in a relationship right away, would it be with a man or a woman?

The main problem I see is that you end up liking straight women, it's understandable you get hurt then. Does anyone know you may be interested in dating women? It's more difficult when one is still closeted, or doesn't fit the stereotype, it's not impossible though. You just need to find a way how to meet queer women more. Is there any lgbt group at your university? Or have you ever considered to try online dating? You could start wearing a rainbow bracelet, etc. Just don't give up so easily, okay? (*hug*)

5. meomongmo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    No I havent come out to anyone, but I will give that rainbow bracelet idea a shot, thank you :eusa_clap