1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and afraid?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Drwholocked, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Drwholocked

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello everyone! So my names Rebecca, and I'm a 16 year old female questioning my sexual identity. I just wanted to come here to a forum where I could feel safe and ask for advice and support, because I'm just very confused in general. I've tried to just king of do what feels right and not worry about labels, but I'm kind of having an identity crisis here.

So anyway, I think I may be bisexual. I'm just so confused because I always thought that "everyone is a little gay", which I now know to be ignorant and false. But I genuinely thought that every straight person felt the way I did towards their own gender, but I guess that isn't so. I prefer men, and if I were to place myself on the Kinsey scale, I would say I'm mostly straight. Mostly. But there's still this part of my that I've tried to repress and ignore. But I have to be honest with myself. I can't wish the gay away, and I know that now. But at the same time, I don't want to make things harder for myself by admitting that I'm bisexual.

My family for the most part, is a group of fundie Christians. They know that I've always been an LGBT ally, even before I thought I might be bisexual. I don't know how they'll react, but I know it won't be positively. I tried to tell my brother, who I trust deeply, but I just ended up breaking down in tears.

I Think I've been trying to repress my feelings because I'm terrified of how my family will react. At the same time, I'm still confused and unsure.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to know whether I'm bisexual? I know there's no "test" for it, but I'm just so confused, and I need some help.

Thank you for reading all of this.

2. brittana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, welcome to EC first of all! Secondly, and this is what everyone will say pretty much, you’re the only one who can decide whether or not you’re bisexual. I also wish there was a test, would make things simpler but you have to figure it out yourself… You don’t NEED to have a label, and you don’t NEED to come out (to your family for example) immediately. Being on this forum actually helps because even if you feel like you can’t fully ‘be yourself’ if you don’t come out, you can still ‘be yourself’ here (that’s what I do anyway). Basically it can take time to figure it out, and that’s okay. Hope that helps! :icon_bigg