1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by the awful tower, Nov 30, 2014.

1. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As a gay trans man myself, I'm interested to see if gay men would be prepared to date trans men, based on the following situations:

1. You really like the guy, and would go out with him for sure if he were cis-gendeted.

2. As above, plus he's very attractive, passes 100% of the time and has had chest surgery.

3. As above, plus he's had the sort of bottom surgery you can get in the UK (it looks and feels exactly like the real thing, but needs a pump to get erect, like men who have erectile dysfunction).

P.S. I'm posting this in this section rather rather than the trans one because there aren't actually that many gay men there.

P.P.S. If you believe that trans men are monsters, or 'not real men', then it's your right to think that, but please don't post it somewhere where already at risk young people (50% of trans people attempt suicide) can see it.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd date a trans man! :slight_smile: Erm, so yes. To all of the above.

My only concern would be that I've never dated anyone who's had to deal with trans issues before, so I feel like I'd have to learn how to provide the best emotional support for my partner. Other than that, I'm pretty sure the physical side of things doesn't bother me!

3. Alt

Alt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, if I enjoy him and he has nice thighs/buttocks I don't see why not. You are a man, you have the parts I like, I don't see why not. I'd like to say it's a given, but seeing so many posts about people being attracted to masculinity I can see why it's a question.

4. mangotree

I'd certainly date a trans man given the chance.
    So all of the above. Even pre-op if the chemistry was there.

5. Tardis2020

Transmen are men, so why not? At least, that my philosophy on the matter.

6. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That nice to hear :slight_smile:

Although, I do think it's important to remember that while some of us are depressive and suicidal, everyone has a different coping mechanism, and others are completely OK.

I'm really not having a go at you, I just thought I sould mention this, since I'd say that some of the reason trans people have trouble finding partners if because of the emotional baggage a lot of us have.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were not in a relationship, I would. I have no problem with it whatsoever. =)

8. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's a good point, although I've found that transguys tend towards being hyper masculine rather than effeminate.