1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might like my bestfriend??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PrettyNightmare, Dec 2, 2014.

1. PrettyNightmare

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    First off, I am a girl and my bestfriend (who I may or may not like) is a bisexual girl.
    I don't really know if I am gay... The only crush I've ever had on a guy was in kindergarten or something stupid like that and I haven't liked any since. I have liked 2 girls though. Which you'd think would give me a tip, but no. I've just never really saw myself as lesbian.
    Lately we've (me and my bestfriend) been hanging out a lot more often, and getting really close.
    I've been getting jealous lately because she's been hanging out with her boyfriend more (yeah she has a boyfriend) and her other female friend who she has a crush and is also bi. I don't know if I'm just jealous because she's been hanging out with other people and kind of ditching our plans for them , or because I like her??
    Whenever we hang out I just feel really happy and comfortable, and whenever we end up cuddling (which we usually do) I just am super, I don't even know how to explain it.. like happyx10 :slight_smile:
    Also she has no idea that I may be gay...
    So I guess I'm asking if you random impartial observers think I like her, and am gay. Or if I'm just an over-protective friend.
    Also what do I do? Do I tell her?

#1 PrettyNightmare, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    if you like her sexuality, if you kiss her and enjoy it then bi- or les since you haven't find a guy doesn't mean your les. It just mean you could be les. Only when you have dated a guy and not sexually attracted to male then you would be truly les. If she is bi im sure she already enjoying you liking her otherwise she wouldn't have cuddled with you in the first place. So you shouldn't be scared to tell her how you feel. Honesty is in friendship is always appreciated.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were to kiss a guy I would be forcing myself to do it because I'm not into guys that way. I consider all of my guy friends to be buddies, and nothing more than that.

What you feel when you're with your friend can be felt among people who are really good friends. It doesn't have to lead to dating, but if that's where you want to take it then it would be better to identify yourself as bisexual for now, but hey who am I to label? That's for you to decide.

At this moment, you're basing a lot of your conclusions on feelings that are directed to girls. What about guys? What about that one crush in elementary? How do you feel around guys/girls?

Your circle of friends could also tell you something about your orientation. The reason why I am more comfortable around guys is because I don't like guys, so whether I make a mistake in front of them or not, it's no big deal since we're friends and I would laugh it off. If I made a mistake in front of girls oh man, I'd feel very embarrassed haha.

All my life, I've considered guys as friends, and nothing more than that. Only confusion was the sexual thoughts I had with older men, but that isn't enough for sexual orientation. There's more to it then just thinking about that person in bed.