1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does being LGBT bring this problem?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Nightdream, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I already know that I'm not a straight girl and decided to come out to a few family members since many of them are anti-LGBT. I'll have to admit that their reactions weren't extreme, but they still don't accept me as much as I hoped they could and some of them made me feel very disappointed to be honest. It made me have some problems with our relationship and I feel very sad because they'll probably never be able to change their minds, I'm still trying to get over it, but it's just too hard for me. :tears:

At least I'm still loved and have a home...

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can imagine how you're feeling because when I first came out I think everyone was shocked. One of my sister's actually started treating me differently and it hurt my feelings to the point where I would cry.

Whenever I'd walk into a room where she was, she would literally break her neck to get out of the room. It was so bad that other family members started to notice, so they sat her down and talked to her about how she was treating me.

I know that you said that your family is anti LGBT, but I guess you could say that was sister was as well. I mean, being gay was something that my family and I had never discussed prior to me coming out. And I'm not sure what, but something clicked inside of my sister's head and she changed. She's even met a few girls that I have dated, so give your family time, they may surprise you.

#2 pinklov3ly, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014