1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I confess?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gabzcat14, Dec 6, 2014.

1. gabzcat14

I have liked one of my friends for a few months and my feelings have gotten very strong but they are no longer driving me mad. Lately she has been drifting appart from me I don't know why. We used to be kind of close but now she seems very distant and does not want to talk to me as much or even at all. She does not hug me the way she used to and sometimes doesn't even hug me at all. I feel like I'm a total stranger to her now. I want to ask her what's going on because although she's drifting from me I catch her staring at me sometimes and I feel weird about it. I want to know why she's doing this and I also want her to know my feelings. I'm no doubt planning on asking her what's wrong but I'm not sure if I should confess to her. Help!!:icon_sad:

2. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    using "confess" here sounds kind of heavy-handed. you're talking about having feelings for her, not confessing to a crime. I would start off by asking her if everything is ok, she may be going through something that she just isn't ready to talk about and may need someone to ask before feeling she can.

3. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, "confess" is a pretty strong word for this. It makes it sound like you did something wrong, which being attracted to her is most certainly not.

But yeah, check with her if everything is okay. It's possible that there's something going on in her life that could be causing her to dissociate herself from her friends (such as family or personal trouble). Or, if you said you've caught her staring at you, it's possible that others have caught her and are making fun of her for it and thinking she's a lesbian, which she might not want. There are a ton of reasons for someone to potentially drift away from friends, and they usually won't make the first attempt to make contact. You should probably go ahead and talk to her. After you find out what's wrong, you can assess from there whether or not to tell her you have feelings for her.