1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it complicated?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fernando, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Fernando

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, So I have been in "love" with this guy since 2009. Little background: We met in college he is 4 years younger than me. He pledge my fraternity in the fall of 2009 which it was the semester I was graduating. So as luck has it, I was assigned as his big brother. We hung out a lot however, we did not become close. I noticed I started developing feelings for him and in the spring of 2010 I told him. By this point I had an idea he was gay, but he never told me or any of my friends/brothers he was. When I told him he said that he wouldn't date me. No reason given. So I dropped it. We continued to hang out and nothing changed. He is well aware of what I feel for him and that even up to today I do. about two years ago we went to the rodeo and then out to the club (BTW he came out to me around that time, when he told me I just smiled as I already knew) and that night after lots of drinking we ended up together, honestly I remember very little because I was very drunk. We didn't talk about it the next day and it kinda just went away. We still hang out every now and then and its like nothing has every happened. Its hard to avoid the guy I like because we share a lot of the same friends if not all so every time there is something going on, he is there. So it's kinda hard to get over him. Obviously after that night I kinda had hope that it would develop into something but nothing yet. I haven't asked him out again or anything like that. I feel like I am truly in love with him because after 5 years, I cannot stop thinking about him. I've invited him to hang out but he usually says he is busy, I don't think we've hung out just the two us since that night we ended up together. Any who, one of my closest friends knows about all this and he keeps telling me that he knows we will end up together, don't know if he tells me that so I feel better, BTW he is also friends with the guy I like. But I have another friend who tells me to let it go and move on. Well my question is, should I forget about him and move on or should I give it another try and ask him out again? any advice or comments are appreciated and thanks in advance.