1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Imagery, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Imagery

Imagery Guest

So here's the deal.

I have never been a big fan of labels. I usually feel that you should just do what feels right, but lately I have been super confused. I have never dated anybody of any gender. I have had multiple crushes on guys, but my current crush is a girl. I have told four people in my life (three of them friends and one my older sister) about my crush, but it is hard for me not knowing who I am. I have always been very smart and I love to learn new things, so not being able to learn about myself is difficult.

Do you have any advice/tips to help me figure myself out?

2. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Uh, what gender are you if you don't mind me asking.

3. Imagery

Imagery Guest

4. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. What exactly are you asking for here?

5. mapleluv

It can definitely be confusing trying to figure out your sexuality when you haven't had any romantic or sexual experiences with either gender. Not that you need to have experiences, but they definitely help clarify things. Many people experience same-sex attractions at some point in their lives who later come to realize that they are actually straight. (There's sometimes a big difference between thinking about doing something & actually doing it.)

The best advice I have to give is to just do what you're already doing- to approach your sexuality with an attitude of curiosity rather than one of judgment or finality, & to follow your heart wherever it may lead you.