1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why won't my mind settle down?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jax12, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A couple weeks ago I was finally able to settle that I was predominantly straight, with some homosexual tendencies. The sexual thoughts about older men haven't subsided, nor do I think they will.

I'd like to believe that I'm straight mainly because I have feelings for girls and none for guys. I don't view females as objects of sex, because in reality they are more than that to me. I want to love them for who they are, as they would love me for who I am.

Despite having a sexual attraction to older men, I am unable to develop feelings for them. I know this because when I met up with an older man near my area, the webcam sex felt alright (although for the most part it felt weird, like what am I doing), but as soon as we started talking, I noticed shortly after that he became almost like a mentor to me, someone I could talk to in a way that I could not talk to my real father. The initial attraction went away, and this confuses me.

I never had feelings for guys the same way I've had feelings for girls, and this throws me off all the time. At this point I just want to be gay and not have any feelings for girls at all, that way it would make things so much easier, knowing that I have sexual attraction for older men I might as well go for it.

Need some help here. And relapsing has made my sexual thoughts reoccur more often than usual.

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't read all your other posts describing your situation but it's quite possible to be "hetero-romantic" AND "homosexual" at the same time. The romantic and sexual forms of attraction don't always align 100% (or at all even).

Think of what you really mean when you use the word "feelings" to describe your situation, are they the same kinds of feelings in both cases?