1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly having aspects of asexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kaatkid, Dec 7, 2014.

1. kaatkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ya'll, so recently I've been thinking about whether or not I could fall somewhere into the asexual "category', I guess.

My sexual/romantic orientation is currently queer, which I define as being attracted to people of all genders. I experience attraction towards others, and have sexual fantasies/desires, but I just can't see myself ever having sex with somebody. I think I would enjoy stuff like kissing, cuddling, "basic" stuff, etc and just generally being in a relationship. But the thought of actually having sex with somebody just sort of weirds me out, and I'm pretty uncomfortable when it comes to talking about sex, even with close friends. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but I'd appreciate some outside opinions.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

2. JessicaWolfess

I kind of feel the same way as you..

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Perhaps when you get older and experiment sexually this will change.

Or perhaps you're just not interested in sex.

Me personally, I have sexual fantasies but have no interest in being touched ("pleasured") in that way. But this is because I am transsexual and am not okay with the mismatched genitals I have being touched.

4. Melanie

Melanie Guest

I lean toward asexuality... I thought I was asexual because *gasp* I couldnt believe I would be attracted to women!

I believe I am somewhat asexual because I am attracted to such a narrow scope of women AND I wouldnt *have to* have an overtly sexual relationship with a woman that I was in a relationship with. I wont go into graphic details, but I believe I would be happy in a relationship with limited sexual stuff.

To be clear, I have no sexual or romantic attraction to men at all.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You sound like me as well. The thought of being in a sexual situation doesn't appeal to me, really.