1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DJofShadows, Dec 8, 2014.

1. DJofShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The title says a lot to be honest.

I don't know who I am. I don't know whether I'm bisexual or lesbian (im starting to feel more sure about the fact that I'm not straight)

I've been questioning for the last 4 years. Over this time I have dated girls and guys and I still don't know.

Most of the time I put it to the back of my mind and carry on with my life, without caring. But I can't do that anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Sang

My first thought was 'Why put a label on it?', but you stated you don't want to carry on without caring anymore. So what do you feel comfortable calling yourself right now?

I said right now because I'm under the belief, at least for myself, that some sexuality and romantic orientation changes over time. During HS I considered myself completely straight, college I was sexually and romantically attracted to male and females, and now I realize that while I'm romantically attracted to male and females, I'm only really sexually attracted to a few people after I've known them for a while.

So in trying to label, I found my label to be way to complicated. I like who I like. :grin:

3. DJofShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know what I feel comfortable calling myself.

Over the last 4 years I've called myself straight, bi and lesbian. And I've never really thought about it. Like, ive always said to myself "it doesn't matter, it's not something to care about" and just pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind.

But I can't do that anymore and it's starting to stress me out.