1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would I be considered a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by machine, Dec 8, 2014.

1. machine

I'm not sure if I count as a lesbian or not. I'm aro/ace and don't feel any attraction to anyone aside from aesthetic attraction but I think I have the capacity to feel romantic and maybe sexual attraction if I had a close bond with someone. Due to lack of experience though I'm not sure if this would count as gray or demi so for the sake of simplicity I just use bicurious because at my core I really am curious about forming intimate relationships with either sex (more so with girls but I'm not entirely ruling out boys). This is where I get confused, I want to have a relationship with a girl at some point but despite not feeling any particular attraction to girls in general I'm not sure if calling myself a lesbian would be misleading or not. I also am just really almost intrigued by lesbian couples and part of me is like "I want that" while another part isn't very interested in dating at all. (if this helps, in the end I want like a mostly platonic but occasionally romantic/sexual relationship)

I'd just like some input because I don't want to call myself a lesbian if that's not what most people would consider a lesbian to be. ....Or instead should I just stick with bicurious and my long explanation on what my orientation is/what I want in a relationship?

2. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion, you're a lesbian if you want to label yourself as one, and from this post it seems like you do. It's like the age old debate of what constitutes virginity. Intact hymen? No oral penetration? No vaginal penetration? All of the above? It's the same thing with the LGBTQ spectrum. Labels are more for yourself than anyone else.