1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very, very confused?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DawnM, Dec 9, 2014.

1. DawnM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not really sure where to begin with this, so I'll just try and jump in. For the past 2-3 years I've been considering the idea that I am most likely bisexual. I'm not uncomfortable with the idea in the least, but somehow it also doesn't feel like that is necessarily the best way to describe my attraction. In high school I always assumed I was straight, simply because of the environment I was in. There were boys who I knew were interested in me and who I felt interest towards, although looking back on that I think it was really because they were 'popular' and it was typical for any girl in our class to admit to having feelings for them.

I can't honestly say I've every had an actual crush on anyone, male or female, but I'm very fluid in who I'm sexually attracted to. So really... I don't know where that leaves me. feel that I have the capacity for romantic attraction, and the only limits on sexual attraction are (obviously) if I find that person pleasing to look at.

Has anyone been here before? Any suggestions?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are many peple who need an emotional connection first...

I'd say take your time...

3. DiogoTy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are alot of different types of person DawnM, some are more interested in the looks, others in the psychological part of the person, some other even both.

I'd mostly go for psychological as I really can't stand people who only think about themselves and a person that will be there for you when you really need it, in my opinion, has no replacement.

Looks are sub-par in my case, but like I said that varies within person-to-person I'm not telling you to do anything, just be who you are. If you feel attracted to someone by their looks while also have some romance attraction to it, would that be great :wink:? Lets search for it, shall we?

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have friends that say things like "damn she's hot!" Or things like that and while I would agree that she is attractive, I wouldn't say that she's someone I would sleep with.

I've liked a girl ever since I met her, which was 6 years ago. I still like her because of how she makes me feel and how she's pretty as well. So with that said you don't have to look at someone and think if they're drop dead gorgeous and use that for your orientation. Takes time I suppose, so don't worry about it too much. Be yourself, people appreciate that more.

5. DawnM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the replies :slight_smile: With the way everyone's wording things I realize that my initial post may have sounded a little shallow. Oops? That definitely wasn't my intention, or the way I view things; I was just trying to give a more rounded description of my situation.

DiogoTy- I absolutely agree that personality has to play a part in a serious relationship with someone. I've seen my fair share of people who weren't compatiable but continued on in miserable relationships, and obviously I don't want to find myself in that situation.

But I'm also not looking for something serious right now either, and frustratingly enough just experimenting a little isn't either. :/