1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexually fluid, how to maintain a relationship?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by lil legs, Dec 9, 2014.

1. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, I'm having some difficulties with my sexuality at the moment and it's making my relationship difficult, I've had a bf for 2 years, been having sex with him for 1, but the last couple of weeks, I've not felt attracted to him at all,and I don't really feel like I'm attracted to men right now, I can't stop thinking about women, whats really weird is that over the year we've been having sex, I've been so into him that it's been amazing, whenever we tried to watch a film I'd be all over him half way through itching for sex, the last time I saw him though, I was pushing him away from me. Why is this happening, but we'd more like to know how we can work through this, if I'm sexually fluid and right now I like girls more than guys, what does that mean for me and my bf with regards to sexual contact, I tried to leave him last night, but failed because we both mean so much to each other, after I've been through so many personal things with him.

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Caring too much to leave is a GOOD thing! That's how a relationship is supposed to be!

3. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with the relationship is that I'm not feeling attracted to him sexually right now, I feel like i want him to be more like a brother than a bf, but I'm hurting him so much because I keep saying I don't want to be with him as a bf but can never bring myself to leave him. Because I'm such a big part of his life and vice versa

4. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's called boredom, you've been with him so much you are bored, if you go with a girl you'll realise you just needed to take a break, after you have sex there a recovery period when you lose all attraction to anyone sexually and just want to have nothing to do with sex.

5. lil legs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it is boredom, is there anyway to overcome it with my bf?

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, lil legs!

IMO what you're going through isn't boredom because currently, I am experiencing the same fluidity in my sexuality. So, I understand how you're feeling, but unfortunately I've yet to find a permanent solution.

I have suggested to my boyfriend that we have an open relationship, but he isn't thrilled by the idea of me potentially falling in love with someone else. I have also suggested that he and I take a shot at having an polyamarous relationship, but he's more traditional when it comes to relationships.

It's so hard because I really love him, but I want to be with a woman at the moment. I mean, we've been going back and forth, on and off since I was 19, and I'm just emotionally exhausted.

So, the only thing I could suggest is that you either take a break or discuss having an open relationship. For my boyfriend and I, we decided that taking a break was better, even though it was hard being away from him sometimes. I knew that it was the right thing to do for my sanity. Because my feelings for women are much stronger than they are for men and denying that made me feel ill.

I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I hope that helps :slight_smile:

#6 pinklov3ly, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014