1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning Everything

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by username1, Dec 10, 2014.

1. username1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi I am girl and I just started my freshman year of college. I hadn't really questioned my sexuality until last year because I had always been physically attracted to guys. Lately, though, I find myself emotionally attracted to girls. I've never had a girlfriend and I had one boyfriend with whom things didn't work out. I'm not sure is if because I'm actually gay or just because of the specific person. I want to try to figure it all out and understand who I am, but I don't even know where to start. I want to be able to meet other lesbians and see where that takes me, but I don't know how to do that without coming out. I'm not ready to take such a huge step because I don't even know where I stand. Any advice on how to explore my sexuality is greatly appreciated!!

2. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    You're in college? There's probably an LGBTQIA space on campus. Go to a pride meeting. They won't make you identify your sexuality; you'll just be there with other people. It's a great way to meet lesbians and become more comfortable.

Spend time getting to know people. Flirt with who you're attracted to. Let whatever happens happen; don't be afraid to talk to new people. Know that you're not the first to go through this, and you're not alone

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you had any past crushes? Who were they directed to?

If you would like to go to the extreme and experiment with either genders then you are more then welcome to do so. However I caution you because it may only confuse you even more. I did it with an older man near my area and it did not help. It made me more confused actually.

So my next advice is to monitor your feelings. Do you have those "feelings" with girls or with guys? Maybe both?

I started to think that maybe I was gay as soon as I broke up with my first girlfriend, so I know where you're coming from. It's almost like a trigger, like "Maybe this didn't work out because I'm not straight!"

From what I know, people who are gay/lesbian are aware of their feelings for the same sex, but deny it to various degrees.

Good luck!