1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm lesbian? But I have a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Batmanishere, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Batmanishere

Hi all, I just wanted to talk to you guys about something. I originally believed that I was bi, as I had been "attracted" to guys my whole life, but now that sex is in the picture, I can't even having sex with a guy, and the whole idea actually makes me feel really uncomfortable, while lesbian sex is more appealing, and I would consider dating a girl.

There are two problems though: I'm worried labeling myself as lesbian would cause some conflict through the school and would make me separate from my peers.

I have a boyfriend, and we have talked about sex but I don't have the heart to tell him that I may not be attracted to guys at all.

I'm really confused and scared right now and I was wondering if any of y'all had some advice to give.
    Thanks

2. MissBookworm

MissBookworm Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't need to label yourself as anything, but I gather that you are definitely attracted to women. That's all you need to say if someone asks and you feel you have to answer. I know there are many people who are romantically attracted to both genders but only sexually attracted to one. Are you sexually attracted to women? If having sex in general revolts you, you may be asexual. My advice would be to say that you aren't attracted to him anymore. You don't have to say you're not attracted to guys, but if you don't have feelings for him, don't stay with him. It'll only make things worse if/when you break up with him, because you'll be leading him on. Don't let him pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, like have sex with him. Best of luck to you!