1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first crush on a girl??? Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by what827, Dec 14, 2014.

1. what827

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm kind of confused about my sexuality. I'm a 20 year old girl.

I have liked many guys in the past, but they are usually either gay or very feminine. I usually fixate on a person for a year or more. I get the butterflies and nervousness. Until recently, I hadn't had a crush on a girl.

I have never been attracted to penises. If I imagine being intimate with the guys, I imagine them going down on me only.

I would imagine kissing them and liked it. But, when someone tries to actually make a move on me (even if I liked them) or actually admit that they like me, I have an anxiety attack and basically run away. I feel extreme stomach distress, get sweaty, shake, and feel nauseous.

I recently had my first kiss with a guy. I didn't know him and I was drunk but I felt uncomfortable (not anxiety attack) and ran away.

In the last few weeks, I developed what I think is a crush on a female friend. I think she is beautiful and funny and get butterflies when she texts me and gets touchy with me. She said she is straight but I thought she was hitting on me the other day and kind of got nervous (I don't know if it's a bad nervous?).

Am I lesbian and does this explain my nervousness around guys? Did I not have a crush on a girl sooner because I was trying to cover up my sexuality? Or do I just have really bad anxiety.

2. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it takes people a long time to really understand their sexuality. Maybe you've just now realized it.

It sounds to me like you have a crush. The anxiety that you get could be something to do with being lesbian. Have you ever had any other crushes on girls?

3. what827

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never! Just boys before now.

4. Haim

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The a few of the guys I dated as a teen came out as gay later on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It sounds like you are a bit attracted to your friend. I first realised I was really gay, as opposed to just finding women attractive, when I realised I had been fantasising about being in a relationship with a female friend. I was a bit older (22), but it was just that I hadn't met a girl special enough to make me realise I was gay before her.