1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never had a child hood crush...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sunshine3000, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Sunshine3000

Sunshine3000 Guest

Did anybody else NOT have child hood crushes ever? I can't think of one human in elementary school I had a real crush on. Sure there were tons of celebs I thought were "cute." I was infatuated with some female singers and some male actors. But in real life....? Nope. this is what makes me think I'm aromantic. I feel like my crushes would've appeared in childhood or at least in middle school if I wasn't. There isn't even lots of info of being aromantic out there. Is it a problem? I don't know. I for sure wish I had all those childhood crushes and was into dating like everyone else. Falling in love sounds fun. I'm overall confused.

2. Really

I didn't have any crushes. For the longest time I thought I was simply "unsexual" but as I'm getting to know myself, feelings are bubbling to the surface. I don't know how long you've been thinking about things but I suspect you'll have these feelings, too, soon enough.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

None... But this way of thinking is a bit superficial. Does it really matter when you've had your first crush? How would you even define a "crush" at such an early age?

4. NotSureWhatIam

My first three crushes were all in the same class. Two boys, and one girl (the girl was really obligatory, I thought of the two boys way more.) But that's just me. Not everyone has a crush when they're young. Some people develop those feelings later in life.

5. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

My first ever crush was when I was in pre-school. I've had plenty since then.

6. Arrow Ace

I've never had one, no. But I think I interpreted lots of squishes as crushes, so that wasn't very good lol I only acted on one of my 'crushes' though. I've never had a crush on any famous person either, I think my infatuation with some of them comes off as romantic though...

7. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never had an elementary-school crush...never thought about it as odd, either...still don't, really.

First crush was in 7th grade.

And I am far from asexual/aromantic, if this information helps.

9. NorthwardBound

Out Status:
    A few people
    I never had any crushes. I did have a few people I appreciated above others because I found them more aesthetically attractive than other people but that's about it.

I basically have been treating all my relationships the same way since I've been 5. That is, quite simply, "HEY YOU LIKE THIS THING? I LIKE THIS THING! LET US BE FRIENDS!" and that is all. I was completely unaware having crushes was even a thing people did until it started being in issue in high school and people used to question if I "liked" so-and-so because we'd sit together on the bus or spend a lot of time together and I'd just be like "uh.. no? we're just friends" because I had zero concept of anything else. My friends have told me that they were always confused I never noticed when I actually had admirers.

10. I never had any real "crushes" on actual people until 8th grade... so only for a while have I actually been rmanstically interested in other humans haha. I liked anime characters... does that count?

11. FightingShadows

I think my "real" first crush was when I was about 10 or 11. He was a boy in my 5th grade class. Every other crush had been someone famous up till then.

12. The Virgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Childhood 1-7 years old.. No i didn't think about love back then. I just wanted a friend to play with

Pre-Teens 10-12 Uh not sure

Teens 13-17 Hell ya crushes everytime i go out and even guys i wanna :***:

13. Aura

Never had a crush in elementry either. It wasn't until EIGHTH grade that i had my first crush. I don't regret that my heart 'held off' on crushes till a later age sometimes there just a bit of a pain.

14. Justinian20

I never had a childhood crush as well and because I never honestly felt attracted to anyone at the time I identified as asexual.

15. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As you can see from the responses you are normal but unique in the same way, as all of us. Don't complicate your life compairing yourself with others, just be what you feel comfortable to be, and love yourself as it is.

I for once started my celeb crushes in my twenties. But my first real crush happened when I was too young to know what a crush is. Check my plug for details if you want :icon_wink

16. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't have crushes either and it's still very rare. I suspect I am demiromantic. It's really rare for me to be attracted to someone.