1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else obsessed with attraction?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sepulse, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

I know I have some kind of attraction to girls. I sometimes go through periods where I obsess about what type of attraction it is. Mainly because of the asexual community.

I usually obsess about attraction when my sex drive is very low or high. When I'm attracted to girls I feel like staring at them. I also feel like I'm warm and fuzzy. I don't get butterflies or tingly feelings. I hope that I'm sexually attracted to girls.

When I'm alone in my room I enjoy fantasizing about being with girls. Not so much with guys. I've sometimes convinced myself that I like guys, but whenever I've gotten the chance to do stuff with guys I got repulsed.

I've only been approached by a few girls, but I didn't find them remotely attractive. Except for one, but I wasn't entirely sure if she was hitting on me and I ended up getting too nervous.

2. Sunshine3000

Sunshine3000 Guest

You couldn't have typed out my thoughts any better. I constantly obsess over attraction, and what kind of attraction I'm feeling, and if I'm asexual/aromantic. It's quite time consuming and self-destructive. I'm sorry if this wasn't helpful, but I'm here to talk always and you aren't alone in this!

3. Brenndo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am well aware of what I am most attracted to...

Hands. The size of hands, the shape and appearance of fingers and vein prominence.

... seriously, it's the first thing I look at. But I often don't care what people look like. I care if they're intelligent...

4. Sepulse

Sepulse Guest

What's even more annoying is that other obsessions make this obsession worse. I randomly started getting obsessed with Jewish people. Whenever I see "Jewish looking" guys I wonder if I'm attracted to them. What helps me with the asexual obsession is telling me I can still have sex with girls if I'm asexual. The problem is, I'll probably start worrying about how well I perform.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

once you click with someone, which is usually more about the person that the look, you might find that all of the sudden their look is THE look, even if it never had been before. In the meantime, just enjoy experiencing all the different attractions and good luck connecting with someone you really like to be with

6. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I tell myself I'm only attracted to models and actresses, not regular women my age. And now and then I end up trying to look at regular women my age to see if I could picture being attracted to them, which is a little embarrassing.

Although really I think Wildside is right -- when you really click with someone you end up loving their looks.