1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Confused and Guilty

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChaseLawrence, Dec 17, 2014.

1. ChaseLawrence

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Feeling Confused and Guilty, Taught I was bi but...

I have always identified myself as bisexual with a preference for females. However my attraction 95% of the time only based on if I have a strong emotional connection with the other person.

However it has come to my attention recently that everyone I have liked or dated have turned out to be trans men, when my most recent crush just came out about it. Now I feel absolutely conflicted and disappointed with myself. I know especially from my trans friends that they hate chasers, and people who only look for trans people as a kink or a sexual preference as insulting and demeaning. I understand their point of view on that.

I'm not sure if I count as one. I don't actively go looking for trans people. My ex's usually introduce themselves as men or women when we first get together, and its not till months or years into knowing them that I find out they are trans. As said I find myself attracted to their personalities first of all. However going my the record of my history I cant over look the 100% evidence.

Is this normal? am I being disrespectful? Cause just thinking of the rough time my trans friends have had on the dating scene due to this some how I feel horrible.

#1 ChaseLawrence, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should not feel horrible if you are attracted by persons and respect their identities and are willing to really help them on their way...

I would not read too much into a history of being with trans men...

(*hug*)