1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romantically Straight, Sexually Gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sbdn910, Dec 17, 2014.

1. sbdn910

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey All,

So about three weeks ago, I came to terms with the fact that my sexual attraction to men was not just "a phase" but rather it is a part of my identity and I am trying to deal with it to the best of my ability. As of now, I have told two friends, my mom, and one of my sisters who have all been as supportive as I would have expected, maybe even more.

Anyway, I have come to terms with this fact and obviously I know it will take a long time to adjust but I am struggling because all of my life my crushes have been on girls and I have only really been with girls. As cheesy as it sounds, I love being the guy who sweeps a girl off her feet with romance and have gotten the chills just from a girl's beautiful smile. What kills me is knowing that this attraction is hardly a sexual one and while I can see myself in a physical relationship with a man, the idea of romancing a guy sounds so completely foreign to me. Even the idea of flirting with a guy seems odd to me.

Whatever may be of my sexual identity, all I want is to be able to accept myself and to be happy with whoever I end up. I don't have anyone in my life who I feel won't support me, so if the important people in my life can embrace me, why can't I seem to accept myself?!

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!

Johnny smd likes this.
  2. anonlmimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a tough one. When you say sexually attracted to a man, could you "make love" kissing,4play,etc and genuinely enjoy it?

If Yes, you are probably gay or bi. You might not feel it is acceptable to romance a man or you feel it's foreign to you. Romancing a woman is just what you know how to do(I'm taking shots in the dark here). I assure you that romancing a man can be very similar or very different. It depends upon the person NOT if they are a man or woman. One man or woman might roll his/her eyes if you say something sappy to them in public, whereas another man or woman would swoon. Is that kind of what you meant? Do you want to romance a man? It's hard to tell you exactly what's going on, but I want to help :slight_smile:

If no, perhaps your sexual attraction is just some kind of kink(for lack of a better word, idk). Does the thought of having sex with a man make you feel like your doing something forbidden or naughty? In this case you might be straight but sex with a man excites you but you can't LOVE that man with sensual sex. I don't know enough about your situation really.

The last thing, if you could have sex with a woman and genuinely enjoy it, you are probably straight or bi.

Hope this helps a little. If you can answer some of these question, I might be able to help you more if you want me to. I'm probably just confusing you more :frowning2: just want to help. Good luck, my dear!

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2014 at 02:18 PM ----------

Oh, I recomend watching gay couples on YouTube as well! That would be a great place to see what 2 men do in a relationship. It would maybe make it seem less odd for you! I hope I'm not confusing you or raising too many questions.

Johnny smd likes this.
  3. Omla

I really appreciated reading this.

Like the poster, I also don't really see myself in love with a man, or having foreplay, kissing, or the other things you mentioned.

I do feel turned on in a more physically pleasurable way though to men.

I don't look at men on the street much, but have checked out every girl in ny!

Thanks for your comments.... What can I say.... I'm fucked up!

At least I'm otherwise happy.

Best,
    Alan

4. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sexual and romantic attraction are different, and it is possible for them to not match up. I believe there's a name for it, but it escapes me right now

5. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For a while recently I thought this too, that my attraction to women was all sexual and I couldn't picture a real relationship with one. And I've only been with men. But after considering it for a while I actually can. I still wouldn't know how to "romance" a woman, especially as I'm so used to be the one to be "swept off my feet" but I honestly think I could love a woman and want one for a partner. (If I could find the right woman, which is not very likely...)

6. AnnoNemus

I think the phrase you're looking for might be homoromantic heterosexual/heteroromantic homosexual. I don't know if I've ever heard a term that encompasses both of these, but that doesn't mean there isn't.

7. sbdn910

Out Status:
    Some people
    @anonlmimi. Up until about a month ago, I was in a relationship with a girl who I really cared for and with whom I was sexually active so I guess yeah I could be with a woman. For some reason, however, it didn't feel genuine. There were certain things about her that got me aroused but I felt like I had to work to become aroused by her whereas I find that I can easily become aroused by a man. When I stated that I couldn't see myself with a man, I didn't mean that I find it naughty to look at a man, I just meant that for a majority of the time, I always envisioned a future with a wife and kids who I would protect. I like helping the damsel in distress but maybe that has something to do with the fact that I like feeling needed and feel weirded out by the idea of a man needing man like that? I also know for a fact that I am a have a little bit of inner homophobia which I hate about myself and am working to alleviate every day.

I honestly feel like I may be bisexual; however, the idea of being with a woman scares me because it means I can't act on this urge or fantasy or inkling or whatever the fuck my feelings toward men are. When I think about being physical with a man however, I don't get the impression that I would miss being with women. I just can't imagine being romantic with a man so am I doomed to a life of either choosing to settle with a woman, which I believe I could do, or be unsatisfied with a slew of random hookups with men?!?!? Gay or Straight it's whatever I just want to be ok with it so I can make strides in the proper direction

8. Omla

Pain in the ass isn't it!
    I feel your pain brother.

9. reketes

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is exactly how I feel, except it's the other way around (I'm a female) ...
    I just wish to get out of this confused state of mind :frowning2: and I wish the same to you too.

10. Omla

Funny about how these situations combine the same elements in diff ways.
    I like relationships with women and have fallen in love with them many x, and have a much more powerful physical reaction to men.

What a difficult thing... I need a gorgeous warm wife and a male lover.
    The wife might also need more genitally oriented lovemaking than relational lovemaking a maybe could have a lover too!! Ha