1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my Girlfriend still a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seattlestudent1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Seattlestudent1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay so I have an open relationship with my girlfriend and she recently has been having consistent sex with a man which is fine with me, but we're both really confused now.She enjoys it, but in the past she has never been attracted to any man ever,and the only time she had sex with a man was twice in her teens and it was completely repulsive, and just totally grossed out by the male anatomy.She claims this is a special circumstance,and that she is in fact a lesbian, and this is not her usual reaction to any man whatsoever,but that she is attracted to who he is,an he therefore becomes attractive...can somebody explain how she is still a lesbian if she can have sex with a man?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are people who can not relate to men on a relationship level, but are attracted sexually...

There are people who need some kind of emotional connection to a person...

3. Seattlestudent1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    wouldn't she be bisexual now then?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe this is the only guy she has sexual attraction to like a one exception. But I have a feeling this will not end well.
    If my girlfriend told me she wants to sleep with a guy while dating me I would break up with her . She can do this while she's single . It's the same as me sleeping with another woman while dating another.:dry:
    I would find this disrespectful to the relationship.
    She could be bisexual but you'll just have to wait and see.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2014 at 11:40 AM ----------

In this example I would think bisexual
    If it's just one guy lesbian with an exception

#4 stocking, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  5. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Isn't that demisexuality?

6. Lipstick Leuger

Nope, bisexual....unless it's a transwoman and then I would consider her still a lesbian. However, she is whatever label she chooses, so that is the crux of it all.

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Up until a few years ago I could only enjoy sexual contact with women. I went for almost 2 years not having sex with anyone, then started a successful sexual relationship with a male friend. I don't fully understand why this is, it's certainly not his male body itself. It does feel more like a physical attraction to him as a whole. I don't claim to be a lesbian anymore though because of this, since some have said that you can't claim to be a lesbian if you are currently having sex with a guy. At this point in my life I'm less concerned with labels and more concerned with what works for me. The homophobes still think I'm going to hell anyway, so that hasn't changed. :lol:

8. Im Just Me

By "attracted to who he is,an he therefore becomes attractive" do you mean she is attracted to his personality, and this makes it more possible for the physical attraction to grow?
    If so, I think this is possible, but rare and difficult. I think a lot of people, of several sexualities, have the potential for a complicated exception or two, though most people may never run into that exception.

For example, I got in a relationship with my boyfriend of 3 and a half years before realizing I was into girls. I already fell in love with him as a person and this gives me a bit of a physical attraction, which I don't feel for other men. Outside of him, I'd identify as a lesbian. (Although this situation is different in one way, which is that me and my boyfriend haven't had sex and I do worry if I could enjoy that level of intimacy with a man.)

In the end it could turn out she is bisexual with just a very strong preference for female, or maybe she is a lesbian with some sort of odd exception. Things happen, sexuality is complicated. I'd just take her word on it, she labels herself as she does for a reason.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think a lot of people of all sexualities have a potential for complicated exception or two I disagree with this . I have seen some people who are gay or straight have exceptions but not many and the ones that do that label themselves gay or straight turn out to be bisexual or come out as bi later on .
    So maybe these many people are bisexual .
    I'm not talking about people that have one exception .