1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Eddie123A, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Eddie123A

I have always considered myself heterosexual. I have always had enjoyable sexual fantasies involving girls/women and have had bodily responses (erections) to the sight of their bodies. Is has been going on since early adolescence at least.
    I have also been romantically interested in several girls over the past six years. I use to fantasise about life with them etc. In fact, I got incredibly depressed when I discovered that some of them were in relationships or had an interest in somebody else. I would feel absolutely bitter, frustrated and would struggle to function for the reminder of the day. I would be on the brink of tears, sometimes.

However, I once looked at this male who a a love interest of mine fancied and I found myself getting excited because I found similar characteristics between me and him. This made me thought that, because she fancied him and he looked like me, she would begin to like me also. I found myself comparing myself with males who other girls considered attractive more often, getting excited if they had similar characterises to me. I then started panicking as I thought that this excitement was me getting sexually aroused by them, despite no erections or butterlflies in the stomach.

So for the last 8 months I have spent an inordinate amount of time looking at pictures of males on the computer, often to the exclusion of other, more enjoyable activities, to see if I felt aroused or not. I would feel a strange feeling in my groin- not, I don't think, arousal, but a feeling of discomfort. As a result, I would feel immense anxiety, thinking 'I must be gay- my life is ruined!). This anxiety has consumed a huge although of my time and made me feel depressed and, sometimes as if a I want to cry.

I don't have a huge fear of the social or legal consequences that come with homosexuality, and I am not worried about being different to 90% of the population. But being gay is simply not in keeping with my identity. I can never get aroused by males, and have still been getting aroused by girls, though less often.

Particualry, I would appreciate the comments of Chip and Lex as they appear to be very good at helping to shed clarity on other posters' thoughts .

Greetings

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I am not either of those guys, but you do not sound gay to Me.

3. Eddie123A

Thank you for your reply, OnTheHighway. It was rather reassuring. But I still have doubts. I mean, although I have no strong sexual/romantic feelings towards males, I still don't find boys/men completely aesthetically revolting.

I've tried pleasuring myself whilst looking at pictures of males, but I have no real desire to continue to the point of ejaculation. Additionally, I have tried to fantasise about life with particular males, and although it doesn't greatly excite me, it doesn't make me feel sick either. I am worried the feelings of indifference mean I am not entirely heterosexual.

If I was gay or bisexual, would the feelings make me highly aroused, or just slightly?

I have heard that OCD can manifest itself in pathological doubts about one's sexual identity, and have wondered if I have OCD. I have- and still do- exhibit Classic OCD behaviours sic has compulsive checking, counting to certain numbers so that something unpromising doesn't happen.

I have spent ages questioning whether my attachment to certain females was just denial and whether my history has been a lie. The feelings did not feel forced , I was genuinely interested in them. Or was I? I am concerned that I was only interested in them because they I thought they were paying me attention, not because I really liked them.

Furthermore, is it normal to have no sexual feelings towards females after ejaculation for a while, and is it normal to have unwanted, unenjoyable intrusive thoughts regarding people you don't find attractive when verging on ejaculation ?

I have been worried by the concept of latent homosexuality as I worried that is what I am experiencing. If I was gay, would I KNOW I was. I am paranoid that I am subconsciously gay and there is a secret second self emerging and that my interest in females will disappear entirely.

I sincerely apologise for the long posts, I just need to give vent to some thoughts I have been keeping to myself for a while.