1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is gay romance so hard?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Fantie, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Fantie

Fantie Guest

It's full of hungry bottoms thinking that life owns them a badass protector. Guys who act like hookers and use their homosexuality as a defense. And lettssssssssss not forget about vain masculine gays and their awesome behaviour towards weak/insecure/skinny/feminine boys. We are smart aren't we?

I plan staying single for life, I am not changing my personality to please anyone
    [​IMG]

2. Rainbows~Exist

I think you just have to look in the right place. I think that the common misconception of gays is that we're all horny and are just looking for sex because gay dating sites (****** that's you) make it seem that gay guys are only after sex. Gay romance isn't hard, you just have to be patient.

(I love your signature by the way. That gif though...)

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Two things:

1) I've noticed many gay guys are low on the practicality spectrum and high on the drama spectrum compared to straight guys
    2) I think a lot of gay guys say they want to be in a relationship, but really don't when you analyze what they say and do

The dynamics can get tiring and annoying quickly, so you just walk away from all the bullshit. There's still plenty of bullshit in heterosexual pairings, but it's different. For that, one only needs to look at all the divorces and the dysfunctional, almost hate filled, marriages that are hanging together by a thread.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, maybe your hanging out at the wrong bar? Yes, I agree there many of those as you describe. But I also think you can find social circles that are more tame and satisfying.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I rarely go to bars because I don't care for the drinking. However, I do TALK to people and have deep conversations when I can.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go to bars, and have a lovely and large cold glass of club soda, with a twist :slight_smile:

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly feel like gay men (I don't really hang with a lot of lesbians so I could be unjustifiably leaving them out) are the only segment of the population where real romance is still alive. I think you're hanging out in the wrong places.

8. ThatJoeGuy

Out Status:
    All but family
    Being a gay teen, romance is even harder to come by.

9. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty sure that's a teen thing, rather than a gay thing! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You just have to keep looking until you find someone who shares similar interests and values! Not everybody out there is unbearably flawed.

10. Brenndo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I noticed a massive shift in homosexual culture in New Hampshire and northern New England (not so much MA/RI/CT though) where gays have literally molded to heterosexual culture. The drag shows disappeared, the gay bars have closed, gays aren't flamboyant, gays don't act persecuted, gay dating apps have sort of gone away...

... but also gays have higher self-esteem now. Gays seem less vain. The traditional gay "roles" of extremely masculine and extremely feminine has disappeared. Actually... the really feminine gays are just... gone...

I noticed this is heavily true among my generation <30 years old.

I don't know... interesting observation and it doesn't seem to hold true anywhere else in the country. When people feel persecuted, they tend to exaggerate themselves to make themselves heard. NH just doesn't have discrimination anymore. It's seriously just not there. The socially liberalness of this state is insanity...

Moral of story - come to NH. Gays are just as boring as everyone else now.

11. soulcatcher

It's your life. If you want to give up and stay single, then...

12. mangotree

Romance is hard in general.

I guess it's slightly harder for gay people because there's no traditional guidelines, rules or gender roles to tell you how to be romantic with a same-sex partner and which one should be the romancer / romancee.

It's good in a way though because we're on the leading edge of history and we can create our own ways to be romantic in a "both partners are equal" kind of way.

13. Brenndo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just wait.

Things will appear when you least expect them to...

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That, and the pool is smaller. Just as an example, many times I notice someone attractive out in public they have a wedding band. I notice their face, their general aura, and then their build/physique, pretty much in that order, before noticing their ring finger.

15. Kinyayo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, you're right it is hard for many reasons. First it's that if your family does not accept your gayness and it feels weird to date anyone and hide the relationship. I have a few other gay guys who are my friends but I am hesitant about dating anyone mainly because of that.