1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found a real-life bisexual discussion group

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Damien, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did a search and found one quickly. If I had of known about the discussion group I've found (it's been around for ten years or so) I would have joined earlier. The group meets once a month, and is facilitated to make it a safe and supportive meeting environment.

I had been setting my sights too broadly. I would have preferred an 'lgbt discussion group' but for some reason have only found 'meetups', which sound great of course but as a first point of entry into the lgbt community, I prefer the idea of a facilitated group discussion (which of course could also lead to friendships in real life, I hope). I'm also hoping that, by beginning to meet and get to know a few other Bi's, that as my circles of acquaintances expand, that I will get to know others in the lgbt spectrum as well, and not *just* other Bi's, but I feel this is a good start, especially for someone who, other than via this site, currently knows no-one irl who is l,g,b or t...

I tried to contact / join a gay and lesbian choir a few months back, but they never got back to me...which I found odd. I emailed, as well as left a message. This is the first time I've actually been able to get through to someone on the phone, have a chat, and be welcomed to attend a real meeting that is actually taking place soon. I'm excited but also nervous...

2. soulcatcher

Thanks for sharing your story.

3. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope everything goes great! There's a bisexual discussion group not that far from me, but very few people show up for it, which is kind of disappointing. But then again that can advantages too.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you :slight_smile: Just curious, what is it like? I'm going for the very first time, in about a week...

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2014 at 01:58 PM ----------

Thank you :slight_smile: I will have more to add once I've actually been!

5. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The one I went to was just very casual -- we discussed some topics about bisexuality and people's reactions to bisexuality, but it wasn't really "heavy." We all went out for dinner after except we picked a place that was closing... But it was very nice.

6. soulcatcher

Please do. I'm looking forward to hearing on how it goes. :slight_smile: