1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for confirmation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by huh, Dec 17, 2014.

1. huh

huh

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm a 22 year old woman and I have been questioning my sexuality for going on two years now. I dated an openly gay woman for a year. The relationship was known to friends but not my family. This was my only relationship/sexual experience gay or straight. I struggled to come to terms with my sexuality throughout the entirety of the relationship and today, nearly a year since the relationship ended. I'm fairly certain I loved her but was never sure I was gay while we dated. I think one of the main reasons I am struggling so much is because I never had such relations with a guy. I don't have anything to compare it to. Maybe that relationship was right the whole time, and I'd have to be with a guy to know what that "wrong" feeling feels like. I feel like in order for me to figure out my sexuality I need some clear confirmation, one way or the other but I don't know how to get it. I envy those people who say they always knew they were gay, they were just afraid to admit it. I am just completely confused.
    Any insight would help. I'm tired of feeling like this, I feel like I wasted two years of my life trying to find my identity because I have nothing to show for it. Thanks.

2. anonlmimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This might not help, but you could be bisexual? Who do you have sexual/sensual thoughts about? Are they pleasant fantasies or uneasy nightmares? No one can tell you your gay/straight/bi/whatever. You have to figure it out for yourself. I'm probably just confusing you more @_@ I just want to help.

Another thing: don't over think it. You can confuse yourself by doing that. Take a step back and realize that one day you will find someone you love and care for. It probably won't be today/tomorrow, and the person might surprise you. They might walk into your life and you'll be like, "OMFG that is the most beautiful/sexy/honest/caring/etc person I've ever seen!"

Also, maybe you need to try a man. Unless the thought repulsed you! Then you are gay. If you honestly think you could go for a man, then you are definitely bisexual.

One thing I know is that the thought of being with a woman repulses me. That's how I know Im gay. I feel comfortable dating men and I find them more appealing. That's how I've always known. If you feel you could be in a sexual relationship with a man your probably bi.

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2014 at 01:32 PM ----------

Unless you want to know which is BETTER for you, a man or woman. In this instance it probably doesn't matter because every single man and every single woman are all equals but different. Everyone's personality/intellect/everything is different. You might find some asshole guy or some bitch of a woman. You might find Prince charming, or you might find the Belle of the ball. It just depends who you get along with.

Hope this help a little! And it doesn't make your confusion worse!