1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction to Masculinity?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by PossumJack, Dec 18, 2014.

1. PossumJack

Hello guys! In the past few months I've finally managed to figure out how exactly my weird sense of attraction works. I get really attracted to anyone who displays either androgynous or masculine traits. The thing is, it has no basis in gender identity whatsoever. Basically, if your gender expression is masculine/androgynous then I would be interested, no matter if you're female, male, or anything else on the colorful spectrum.

I think my question is that, well, is there a name for this? I've tried calling myself bisexual for a while but it just doesn't seem to work since I'm not attracted to feminine girls at all...

2. Gen

Gen

There is no sexuality that is literally all inclusive in terms of the genders or sexes that it refers to. Being homosexual doesn't mean being attracted to all types of men. Bisexual/pansexual does not mean being attracted to all types of people. It merely means that our attractions fall into that general category. We have the possibility of being attracted to people in this specific or broad demographic. It could very well be that bisexual or pansexual does not completely accurate not because you don't actually fall into that category, but because of the misconceptions that are associated with that category. So, I would give that some that in the future.

While I am sure you can find some term on the internet that people have created to refer to people attracted to those who display a certain type of expression, expression is by far the most complex aspect of personality. Our perceptions of masculinity and femininity are very unique and always able to change. It could make things difficult for outsides and potential partners to understand whether they would meet the criteria of a orientation that is so specific.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey! I'm exactly like you. :slight_smile: I'm attracted to trans guys, cis guys, masculine guys, masculine cis girls, and androgynous people. No attraction to trans girls or feminine cis girls. Although I am attracted to feminine guys, while it sounds like you aren't. I say I'm homoflexible because I'm attracted to guys while also girls, depending on if they're masculine or not. As Gen said, there's not a clear label for this attraction, but I've used homoflexible just fine. However, sexuality labels don't really matter much to me, and I usually think of myself as queer or the straightforward "attracted to masculinity."

4. Chriswe

Yes, there is a word for this. "Androsexual" or "Androphilic" is attraction to males, men and/or masculinity. ^^

5. DinelodiiGitli

^This. Also (just to throw it out there) there's "Androromantic" as in romantic attraction to masculinity and/or men.

6. antibinary

You may be pansexual or bisexual as you're attracted to expression rather than ID.