1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to see through

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by liebevoll, Dec 20, 2014.

1. liebevoll

Hey folks, so here's a question that i just cant answer, so am I really gay or bi?? Well now to begin with I was convinced by someone whom I came out to, that I feel i am gay probably because i am nervous to do "it" with a woman as I was bullied through school for being "less of a man". Well its possible, but i am extremely comfortable with girls and get teased with a lot of them and it doesn't make me feel any sort of aversion. Rather i would say i like it when i get attention from them and when i am called a "womaniser". But in these 20 years of my life i have had not a single physical reaction to a girl or to naked women. I cant fantasize women n just can't think of enjoying the act being an "active" partner. But when it comes to guys , i just cant stop drooling over every other guy, my wet dreams are with them n it just feels right to b with a guy. Now am i suppressing my feelings towards girls because i am subconsciously thinking i cant please them or are these feelings of pseudo happiness that i get when m teased with girls a result of the heternormative world and my never dying subconscious need to b "manly" enough to b a womanizer. Frankly i do see when a beautiful girl walks in even though i wouldn't be the first to notice and the noticing would b restricted to just looking at the face n saying wow what beautiful skin or nice features or hair to die for nothing more sexual n never a physical reaction! Its really confusing!! Help !! Am I gay or bi?

2. aboutface

Sounds pretty conclusive. I don't think you're bi.

You can suppress thoughts and feelings some of the time, but I don't think you can suppress physical reactions all of the time, at least I haven't heard of it. If you've never have one towards a woman, I'd say you are pretty firmly gay.

3. lilrocket

It does sound like you are gay. Only you can know for sure, but saying that you've never been physically aroused by a woman.. but you have by men.. seems conclusive and you shouldn't be doubting it

4. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I obviously can't tell anyone what their orientation is, but it sounds like you mostly started doubting it because this other person was doubting.

I don't see any reason to believe you're not gay. This other person doesn't sound very helpful or insightful in the least to me.