1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Accept One's Sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FranceFanatic, Dec 20, 2014.

1. FranceFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any advice, information, or support is needed and welcomed. :help:

2. DinelodiiGitli

Well try finding those who can relate to how you feel, those who accept those like yourself. Surround yourself with love, it can help you learn to love yourself. Also realize that you are a human being just like us all, you are unique, wonderful in you own way and your orientation doesn't change that. (*hug*)
    Blessings, good vibes and best wishes to you.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Well, think about it this way. You suddenly became a lot more interesting than all of your girlfriends. You get to live life in an entirely different way, unique to you, allowing you to see it in a way that you could never have done so before.

Also, this might sound a bit silly but... Tell yourself that you've accepted who you are and that you will do your best to find happiness. Like, actually speak it out loud, several times if need be.

4. LenPan

Surrounding yourself with like-minded folk certainly helps...then you feel 'normal'! Reading novels dealing with gay issues helped me understand myself better too, and trying to hook up with similar people online is helpful I think... good luck in your quest..x:smilewave

5. OOC73

At some point, it just happens and slots into place. You can't force it. One morning, you will wake up and think "Wow, I'm gay. That's absolutely AWESOME. It all makes sense now."

And then you'll know. And it will be ok.

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

It was pretty spontaneous like that for me too. but I also did a lot of mental connecting the dots, which helped set the stage for that light bulb turning on.

7. shadowraptor

In the morning, is just wake up and look in the mirror and tell myself I'm gay. It took a really long time for me to finally get the words out but once I did I felt amazing. ^.^

Also, I like to look at pictures of gay couples being adorable on tumblr... Not sure if that's just a me thing but it helped me out seeing how happy they are, and how happy I could be one day. :kiss: