1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight when drunk?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Emily1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm currently out as bisexual and leaning more towards girls BUT when I go out and get drunk I always end up hooking up with guys, and apparently I really enjoy it. A couple weeks ago I drank a lot and the next morning my friend was telling me how into our hookup I was. He kept saying that he knows what I'm thinking because alcohol brings out the truth (I blackout - I don't remember what I said). I'm obviously super confused because I wouldn't want to hookup with him while sober… does this happen to anyone else? Maybe I should clarify that I have visual attraction to guys but no actual sexual attraction. I'm basically only sexually attracted to girls. So, any thoughts?

2. SquirrelGirl

Maybe being drunk brings out your sexual fluidity? Lots of "straight" people experiment with the same sex while drunk. Also alcohol lowers your inhibitions and reservations. I once made out with a stuffed penguin while drunk and I'm not terribly concerned that I'm into beastiality. Either way I would let your friend know that you're not interested in him.

3. shinji

shinji Guest

Should I point out the obvious... You have an alcohol problem and worrying about who you "hook up" with when drunk, should not be at the top of your priorities list right about now.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you're drunk your frontal lobe doesn't functional normally. What it means in simple terms is that you won't hear yourself saying things like "Don't do it." You'll care much less about what people think and you'll end up doing things that you wouldn't normally do.

If you really want to find out which gender you are attracted to, do so when you are not under the influence of alcohol.

5. Erick

I agree completely. Alcohol just controls you while you're drunk, not your self-consciousness!

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also agree.

I used to hook up with guys when I was under the influence just to prove to myself that I wasn't gay or whatever I am. And honestly, I have to admit that it left me even more confused because I thought that I could learn to like having sex with them. However, I discovered that I don't really care much for men.

#6 pinklov3ly, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  7. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not a secret that alcohol lowers one's inhibitions and makes one horny. So it's possible you end up with a guy because you wanna shag but there are only guys available. Like you said, you wouldn't want to hookup with him while sober. Besides I think it's questionable you really enjoyed it considering how much drunk you were.
    Btw I wouldn't say that alcohol does necessarily bring out the truth. I once googled for it and found out that there was a study and the effectiveness of alcohol as a truth serum is unreliable.

8. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ya, I'm definitely going to disregard any feelings I may have when i'm drunk considering that they are so far from what I feel when I'm sober. I think you guys are right, alcohol just lowers my inhibitions and I probably hook up with guys just because they're there. I think I already knew that but was just looking for affirmation. Thanks so much for all of your responses! much appreciated!